Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downhill anyone!?

Default Downhill anyone!?

Some of you who know me a little better know I work for ENVE Composites, we make high end carbon fiber bike wheels, and carbon fiber parts for custom bike builders. I found this video today from the early days of the company and thought a few here might enjoy a little ride.
    [ame=http://vimeo.com/28161408]Whistler 5000 feet and dropping on Vimeo[/ame]

2. Likes milt spawn, imxer, mcnerney, jpbfly liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Downhill anyone!?

Many years back, but been down much of that trail. Even walking, it was a chore!

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Hope his life insurance company didn't see that Very cool video thanks for posting it.
    - William

Fred, I was thinking as I watched that it would be tough hiking even going down hill.

William, I'm not up on all the big names in the sport, but I figure the guy is probably a 'Pro' rider with high premiums on his health/life insurance. Some of these guys are flat nutz!

Not a sport I could ever participate in, but I do enjoy watching them.

Blog Entries

John: Definitely a professional bike rider! Loved the video.
    Larry

I think so Larry.

It's funny, when warmer weather rolls around(pun intended) and the avid riders that I work with start getting out, they seem to show up in cast, slings, neck braces, and the sort. They heal up and go back for more.

OK Yeah, neat and all but he could have been down at that lake we see about 15 seconds into the vid and fishing...which is better IMHO.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

That's what you and I would be doing, but....thank goodness we have the "adrenalin junkies" in the world or else our waters would be way more crowded. I like my adrenalin rush in measured amounts anyway!

Man I saw bike and carbon fiber and thought motorcycle wheels. I was about to say HOOK A BROTHER UP!!

but either way sweet video. Wish I had the guts for that stuff.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
    Hope his life insurance company didn't see that Very cool video thanks for posting it.
    That was a question I posited to my son in law. He/friends are great trail bike riders in the Bitterroot Mountains in Montana. Gave him a GoPro camera and watching the film(s) of the trails they were going down made me cringe.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast