Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  70
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you choose your screen name?

Default Re: How did you choose your screen name?

Wanted something short and have fished IMX rods for many years, so---------------------------.

Paul

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY

2. Likes Ard liked this post

An area near where I live is called La Canada de los Alamos (The Canyon of the Cottonwoods). I founded La Canada Wireless Association, so appropriated lacanadio. As a result, I've never had a "nick" collision.

Bob

4. Likes Ard liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Internet 'research' is what I do to fund the kids Charities. Amazing what's out there if you're willing to spend hours typing. Just how you ask the 'question,' and where will give you a pantheon of information.

Here, and a few other places, are my mental coffee break. Other computer is grinding away with this, that, the other, mostly BS info back. But then you start to hit 'Gold.' Cross references to cross reference to cross reference.

Silly post, but that's why you see me 'come and go' at very odd times of the day. #1 has gone 'BING!' (really does go Bing) and Sandy my Yellow Lab will jump up on the bed and I'm back at work.

Shxt, another hours or so's reading and sorting. Amazing how much total BS there is on the Internet. And GEMS, PURE GEMS!! From the most unexpected places.

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

6. Likes gatortransplant liked this post

Diver Dan was already taken, so- because I'm a Jim Morrison/Doors fan, Mr. Mojo Rising was shortened.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Paymaster due to I work in the HR department and do the payroll.
    " Are you happy? If not, why not?"

9. Likes Ard liked this post

Well, three things went into my carefully crafted screen name...I'm from Pennsylvania, my name is Dave, and I'm fairly unimaginative...thus, PA Dave. I use it on every web forum to keep life simple.

11. Likes Ard, fredaevans liked this post

I was born in North Dakota. Simple as that.

Blog Entries

Years ago, I got the nickname jaybo from chiflyfisher. The name stuck. 41 is a favorite song and also the year of the Jeep, another favorite of mine.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

I go by Jim in everyday life, P is the first letter in my last name, easy for me to remember too. Well, most of the time anyways.

15. Likes fredaevans liked this post

My father was a big man, not fat, big muscled and the funny thing is, in his early twenties pics show him skinny as a rail. But then with in a couple of years he just naturally got big muscles and the new nic of Big Dave. Obviously I became Little David and used that as my username with password for many years until I signed up for this site. While signing in I mistakenly thought my username would not be my nic name or moniker if you will, thus causing me to have to change all usernames on other sites...lol Long boring story but there it is.

I was going to use SilverSiren from Ulysses but missed that opportunity.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast