Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need to add body weight; this is a real question!

Default Re: Need to add body weight; this is a real question!

Ok,Fred, see your daughter, get her opinion, and listen to her advice.

BUT ! the primary problem here is not the weight loss.

The big issue is the cause of the weight loss. You can eat all the good foods and supplements in the world, but that won't help much until somebody figures out why you are losing weight. Did'nt you have a problem with some parasite insested fresh vegetables a while back ? Have you been to an internist yet ?

C'mon Fred, treat the cause, not the symptoms. We all want you to get better soon !
    " I'm just a cook " Casey Ryback, Under Siege

2. Likes Ard, mcnerney, yonder liked this post

Fred a few years back I used a product called Weight On and it worked well for me. Get to the saw bones and see what he or she has to say. As I have gotten older it has been natural for me to drop a few pounds, I'm not working very hard any longer and my intake has become more natural with less fat and processed food, get to the doc, please.

Rick

Fred,

Without any idea of your physical health, your comprehensive metabolic panel, the range of causes of your recent weight loss is a guess. Have you been checked for Cyclosporiasis or congenital heart disease? Just a guess on my part.
    My prayers are with you, and see a good Doctor.

5. Likes Ard, mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Sweet Jesus, you just kicked my brain into gear (MAJOR DUH FRED!)

My Daughter Julie is a 'Clinical Dietitian' and works at Sr. 'Rest Homes.' (Or what ever to proper terms may be.) Making sure these folks (on a meal by meal basis) get properly feed is what she does .....

What makes this 'admission' all the worse is I paid for her University Education (Washington State) and she graduated 2nd in her class with just short of a 4.0.

God, I feel so stupid.
    We all have those moments Fred, some more than others. I'm moving over to the "some more" group unfortunately. Talk to your daughter, she will be there for you like you were for her. It's what family does.
    Last edited by jimp; 08-20-2013 at 05:27 AM. Reason: grammar or typing was horrible LOL

7. Likes Ard, siege, mcnerney, yonder liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Got it and message sent!

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Ensure shakes ... just got two 'six pack's,' eat a TV dinner and drink one (started today so no 'feed back,' bad pun intended). That's the hell of being 'single,' even a box of Mac and Cheese with a small bag of Veggies tossed in will take you two days to eat ... and the Yellow Lab will get half out of the bowl.

This is 'You're in deep do-do time.' And I agree with the 'second opinion.'

fae

2 days to eat ?? I can do that in one sitting. just finished 6 ears of corn and a chicken breast and still could eat. I am not over weight in fact I am losing too. dang heart meds put the weight on me. went from 180 to 240 down to 210 now.
    sandfly/ bob
    (www.bigmeadowsflyshop.com)
    N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
    from the outer edge of nowhere
    fly tying and fishing Gillie..

I 2nd and 3rd previous posts made bring up the idea of trying a little herb or mmj if your state has such modern day laws. I understand the hesitation in not wanting to use "drugs"... But unless you are very holistic and even avoid such drugs as acetaminophen and ibuprofen... You got nothing to lose as acetaminophen is one of the top reasons for ER visits. MJ has no document cases of death(aside from when people die of other things and so happen to have toked a number in the last 2 weeks)... Even now popular mainstream doctor Dr. Sanjay Goopta(sp?) Is a big supporter of mmj. It's honestly worth a look.

Blog Entries

Hi Fred,

As you know I've been away in the outback and just found this thread. The problem sounds quite serious and I'll look forward to learning what you find out in the days / weeks ahead.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Fred: I'm with the others on this, you need to see another doctor and find out what is the root cause of the weight loss instead of trying to treat the symptoms. Best of luck!

Larry
    Larry

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Many thanks for the support. I live in 'interesting times.' Feel much better, but weak as a new born kitten. An hour in my office chair and I can't even spell to correct a e-mall's spelling.Spell checker is saving my butt. I think.

Get more sleep.

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Fred.........Mrs. Yonder is a Certified Dietary Manager, with around 30 years of experience in "nursing homes, assisted living facilities, etc." She works with resident diets and monitors weight values and food intake, etc. on a daily basis with the Company Dietician, and the nursing staff, under strict state and federal guidelines........I showed her this post......She says to listen to your daughter.........especially, when she tells you to "Get a second medical opinion!!"..........we will be thinking of you.........Yonder and Mrs. Yonder.......
    Last edited by yonder; 08-20-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    yonder

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast