Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Diver Dan still here?

Default Re: Is Diver Dan still here?

Some of these posts should be edited by the authors, the man is no longer a member and it should be left at that.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    No one wins an on-line argument ever, all that happens is that we reveal things about ourselves that sometimes have nothing to do with fly fishing.
    This is the truth. Along with the previous statement made. Online forums by nature are wrought with problems.

But this is a fly fishing forum. Polarizing topics will arise, sometimes naturally and other times with an underlying motive to stir dissent. It isn't needed here. There a so many topics of conversation happening all the time, I don't even read half of them, that it just isn't necessary. And certainly not cool. If you want to talk about all these other topics that are certain to raise hackles (pun intended) and are not fly fishing topics, it is very easy to find a forum or group online to do so.

I miss Dan's expertise on rod building. He helped me out some things, was generous with his knowledge and talked to me on the phone (for long periods) at times. But I always felt I was on "pins and needles" when responding to his posts because it was obvious that had very rigid views on many topics and was easy to set off. So yes, I agree it's a shame that he's gone, but at the same time he did it to himself. Larry and Ard are far from nanny police or politically correct censors and they do a helluva job with the amount of volume that is on this site. So thanks you two, and the rest of the thousand posters here that keep it fishing centric, fun and informing.

3. Likes Ard, N/A, kglissmeyer1, milt spawn, duker liked this post
    Blog Entries

I miss Dan too...he was one of my best friends on the forum,I pmed him several times asking to keep cool,unfortunately he wouldn't listen to me

5. Likes milt spawn liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12