Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Labor Day weekend

Any big plans? We're going camping, doin some grillin, fishin, drinkin and relaxin!
    Have a great one! Hopefully I'll catch a nice one for this thread
    ~Todd
    "...Nympin' ain't Easy"

Chief Thread Starter
    Mother Approved...

Default Re: Labor Day weekend

I'm on my way to go look at some pontoon boats. May make for an interesting weekend. I took Tuesday off , too. Looking foreward to gettin' some fishin' in too !
    " I'm just a cook " Casey Ryback, Under Siege

3. Likes Ard liked this post

Serious? Staying off the roads, and out of the water. The local highway looks like a camper/trailer/Harley parade, and has been bumper to bumper (or rear fender) since early this morning. The local water started to fill up with campers/picknickers/tubers/etc yesterday. Plus it's been raining hard every afternoon so the fishing isn't great anyway. Next week they'll all be gone and I'll have the stream to myself.

5. Likes williamhj liked this post

I had plans to do some fishing but it's going to be close to 105 with high humidity all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by nickj View Post
    Serious? Staying off the roads, and out of the water. The local highway looks like a camper/trailer/Harley parade, and has been bumper to bumper (or rear fender) since early this morning. The local water started to fill up with campers/picknickers/tubers/etc yesterday. Plus it's been raining hard every afternoon so the fishing isn't great anyway. Next week they'll all be gone and I'll have the stream to myself.
    We were going to visit our son in Boulder and do some fishing in RMNP... but with CU students returning and the things you mentioned above, we decided to put it off 'til later in the fall....Looks like we made the right choice

Blog Entries

Have a good time Todd,

I'll be out scouting from here to Talkeetna and most points between. There are plenty of silvers in the rivers at this time and I may even catch a few for you

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by nickj View Post
    How true! I did my fishing Monday and today (comp time off work). On my way home today I got to 285 and thankfully headed back east to Denver because Westbound was solid just past Conifer. I think 70 to DIA was jammed too. Can't imagine 70 to Idaho Springs...

Me, laying low, cook-out, yard work, finish a rod, and yes, go into work for at least a half day on Monday
    - William

I'll wake up at 5 and throw around some bass bugs. The water is so low at the west branch of the Susquehanna that there hasnt been much action at all with boaters and what not.
    ~Todd
    "...Nympin' ain't Easy"

Chief Thread Starter
    Mother Approved...

Quote Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
    How true! I did my fishing Monday and today (comp time off work). On my way home today I got to 285 and thankfully headed back east to Denver because Westbound was solid just past Conifer. I think 70 to DIA was jammed too. Can't imagine 70 to Idaho Springs...

Me, laying low, cook-out, yard work, finish a rod, and yes, go into work for at least a half day on Monday
    Yep... I live just off 285 at Shaffer's Crossing.

12. Likes williamhj liked this post

No Big plans. We might do a couple of short drifts out behind the house on the Feather River with the new Hyde this weekend, then Q in the evenings.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone.
    TT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast