Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mother - Daughter house cleaning team are at it again!

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Mother - Daughter house cleaning team are at it again!

At what point did these two ladies decide to take over the 'life' of a 71 year old man? Or rather his home.

Two come in every two weeks (a Friday) and have at it. Actually pretty easy duty as I don't even bother to cook anymore (TV dinners/eat out). Soooo to keep themselves busy (and run up the bill?) they play with my home arrangement.

First was a total re-do of furniture placement in the front room. Yesterday was my bed room ....... Thank God the beds too heavy to move!

Had to lay down the 'Law' once when they took on my office. Sweet Jesus it took days to find/unwind what they did. Neat as a pin, but couldn't find shxt.

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

2. Likes siege, jimp liked this post

Default Re: Mother - Daughter house cleaning team are at it again!

Jeez, Fred... find out if they can cook. How about they can get their hours in, and you could get some home cooking ! Maybe get a few meals packed up and stored in the fridge for the days they are not there.
    More cooking, less rearranging ! Ahhhh domestic tranquility
    " I'm just a cook " Casey Ryback, Under Siege

Funny you should mention ......

About a month-half ago I showed them how to use my slow cooker (hadn't been used in months) for something they wanted to prepare. Brought the thing back half full of great food!

Love Mexican food .... there might be a deal in there to look into.

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Point them to the garage and the paste wax. Windows and gutters are always fun to clean.

6. Likes fredaevans liked this post

Remind 'em that you pay 'em to CLEAN, not re-arrange unless you tell 'em to. And get 'em to cook you some meals that you can heat up rather than the TV dinners. They're ok at times, but not everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Remind 'em that you pay 'em to CLEAN, not re-arrange unless you tell 'em to. And get 'em to cook you some meals that you can heat up rather than the TV dinners. They're ok at times, but not everyday.
    Had to laugh when I read this ..... TV dinners in the microwave (ditto for hot water for instant coffee) I haven't turned on my stove (burners or oven) in over 6 months. Pull back the plastic wrapper and dump on 3/4 cup of frozen veggies and 4.5 minutes on high in the 'wave.

All I can eat at one sitting, some times more. Yellow Lab loves that as he has clean up duty. Yet to hear a complaint from him on that chore.

fae