Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Let's see your wallet

You can tell a lot about a man by seeing his wallet. I've always been fascinated with them but have never been able to buy a true hand crafted wallet that I've always wanted. Well my wallet has seen it's last days and I recently put an order in for one that's hand crafted from bison leather.

So, do you do have a trifold, bifold? Man purse? Money clip? Do you stuff it with everything in the world ala George Costanza? Or is it it nice and slim and sleek?

Obviously let's try to not show our credit card numbers.

Here's my current one;

You can sort of see in the first pic, my drivers license slot the bottom ripped out and I actually lost my license because of it one day and that was the tipping point for me.

Ryan
    Jack of all trades, Master of none.

Default Re: Let's see your wallet

I have my heart set on a wallet from Orvis very similar to this but I'm happy with this so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes littledavid123 liked this post

Jeez, Ryan !! If my chiropractor saw that monster, he would sit you down for a stern lecture. I know, because I've gotten it. Since I switched to a small, front pocket wallet/money clip, I have suffered a lot less back pain.
    What do you REALLY need to carry around all day? Licenses, credit or debit card, a little cash ? Lighten up ! You'll feel better for it
    " I'm just a cook " Casey Ryback, Under Siege

5. Likes mcnerney, jaybo41, fyshstykr, fredaevans liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by siege View Post
    If my chiropractor saw that monster, he would sit you down for a stern lecture. I know, because I've gotten it. Since I switched to a small, front pocket wallet/money clip, I have suffered a lot less back pain.
    What do you REALLY need to carry around all day? Licenses, credit or debit card, a little cash ? Lighten up ! You'll feel better for it

Perhaps this is why I've had two back surgeries haha, sure I don't NEED to have all of receipts dating back 2003 and random business cards, or the tag off my first turkey stuffed into my wallet, but where else would I put it?

Ryan
    Jack of all trades, Master of none.

7. Likes mcnerney, littledavid123, fyshstykr liked this post

That's easy, you stuff it in the junk drawer, or get an old shoe box.
    " I'm just a cook " Casey Ryback, Under Siege

9. Likes mcnerney, littledavid123 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Holy wallet Costanza! I used to carry a wallet that looked similar to yours in terms of contents but got tired of the discomfort. No matter how much I tried to scale it down, it always seemed to be too darn thick. I switched to a cheap money clip several years back and could not possibly go back to carrying a wallet in my pocket. Now with smart phones, you can get apps on them that have the store cards embedded in them or keep them in an app, so less of a need to carry all those extra cards. The money clip holds some bills and the essential cards I need to carry without the bulk.

More recently, I was fortunate enough to receive an Abel Brown Trout M-Clip for my 40th birthday and absolutely love it--one of the best gifts I've ever received. I've since bought one for my father who absolutely loves his. You don't need to get the print on them, but anyone who's considering a new wallet or money clip should have a good hard look at the M-Clips. They're wonderfully made and will last a lifetime I'm sure.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

11. Likes littledavid123, comeonavs liked this post

Couldnt find one I wanted so I built my own.

13. Likes jaybo41, repperson29, lv2nymph, siege liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by opus View Post
    Couldnt find one I wanted so I built my own.

That's just plain cool. Very nice craftsmanship. I envy you guys who are that talented.

15. Likes fredaevans liked this post

Default Let's see your wallet

This is funny...I used to carry a wallet and got tired of how much stuff was in it so I switched and paired it down to the essentials. Everything else stays locked in the glove box.

Been carrying that around for about 6 years and haven't found anything better!

17. Likes jaybo41, siege, fishiowa, shotgunfly, spm liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post
    This is funny...I used to carry a wallet and got tired of how much stuff was in it so I switched and paired it down to the essentials. Everything else stays locked in the glove box.

Been carrying that around for about 6 years and haven't found anything better!
    Greg, given your love of all things Abel, you need to get yourself an M-Clip. That's a solid piece of ingenuity on your behalf, much better and cheaper than my cheapie money clip!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast