Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Sleeping bags and dome tents?

Well I ended up getting my wife the Therma-rest 'Luxury camp' model, I stumbled across it at S/W and had not even heard of it or seen it before, it is the next step up from the 'base camp' model, nice size 20"x72"x2.5", 4 season, seems a very nice pad.

For myself I went with the 'Alps' XL 30"x77"x3", I opted not to go with the 4" pad which was only a little more $$, just decided that even though it was only slightly heavier it was not needed that badly.

Thanks for all your input, it really did help.

*****edit****I just went back and looked through this thread after making the last post and noticed that Cliff had mentioned the 'Luxury Camp' pad, somehow I missed that one or had inadvertantly forgotten it. Thanks Cliff, sorry.

Saw one listed in a campmor catalog the other day. Durn pricey pad if you ask me. I'll stick with my two ridge rests thanks.

I'm sure you'll like it very well.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Gotta keep the little lady happy ya know.

Hi Fysh,

With the open cell foam mattress the key to comfort is the amount of air inside of the mattress, not the thickness. You have to experiment to find the right balance of air and body weight. I think that most new owners use too much air. You should also get a repair kit or at least some Goop.

Frank

Got 'Goop and Tolulene' in a spare bag ready to go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123