Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  62
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: This could make for an awkward moment with a buddy

First trip to Europe; saw one of these ..... DON'T pee on your shoes!
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Hehe, you guys really need to get out more, especially to third world countries. In India for example, in the larger cities I recently read, they're having quite a problem with people NOT using new indoor restrooms, especially with 'other than urinal needs' in that folks are so used to simply reading at the edge of the road, or off a train platform, or where ever...that they are not getting used.

Naturally I'm sure you all realize why "offering your left hand" is an insult (think lack of paper products) and no, you're not supposed to stand up when using a "squat toilet" or "head pipe" (literally, a hole cut into the floor with just a drain pipe in it)...I'll save you some of the photos which make that urinal look futuristic, yet I think this sign sums it all up as western plumbing makes its way elsewhere in the world:

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
    ----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
    ---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.

That brought back a memory, and since you went there.....

By the time I deployed most of the base camps had porta-john contracts. Halliburton and other contractors brought in droves of very low wage employees from the third world. You get very limited "couth" for $400 a month and 12 hour days. They had no idea how to use a port-john and we gave up trying to explain the sanitary advantages of sitting down and using toilet paper. We had about ten johhnies brought in for their exclusive use and the world was right again.

4. Default Re: This could make for an awkward moment with a buddy

Quote Originally Posted by nevadanstig View Post
    I don't know. First thing in the morning, I could stand in the middle, and finally get it all in the toilet...
    Frikkin' hilarious! Love it.

5. Likes GrtLksMarlin liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
    That brought back a memory, and since you went there.....

By the time I deployed most of the base camps had porta-john contracts. Halliburton and other contractors brought in droves of very low wage employees from the third world. You get very limited "couth" for $400 a month and 12 hour days. They had no idea how to use a port-john and we gave up trying to explain the sanitary advantages of sitting down and using toilet paper. We had about ten johhnies brought in for their exclusive use and the world was right again.
    Actually the way most third world countries use the facilities is healthier than how we sit to do our business. We kink our intestines making it tougher for our bodies to properly perform certain functions...

On that note I'm perfectly happy sitting. Nothing wrong with a little kink every now and then lol

7. Likes GrtLksMarlin, hairwing530 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
    Actually the way most third world countries use the facilities is healthier than how we sit to do our business. We kink our intestines making it tougher for our bodies to properly perform certain functions...

On that note I'm perfectly happy sitting. Nothing wrong with a little kink every now and then lol
    You'll just have to scroll back up to GRTLKS pic and put on your imagination cap. What could possibly go wrong with trying to hit the target from a foot or two away? Nobody had to remind you to take your flashlight. to the Porta. It was definitely a culture clash. And I'm done with you on this now lol.

9. Likes GrtLksMarlin, hairwing530 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
    You'll just have to scroll back up to GRTLKS pic and put on your imagination cap. What could possibly go wrong with trying to hit the target from a foot or two away? Nobody had to remind you to take your flashlight. to the Porta. It was definitely a culture clash. And I'm done with you on this now lol.
    Culture clash is day 3 port-a-johns at a music festival... You learn that there's reserve muscles that'll help you until you get to the closest gas station... Makes you wonder how desperate the others were to even allow a mound that goes inches if not almost a foot above the seat

11. Likes GrtLksMarlin, ia_trouter, hairwing530 liked this post

I won't post it but feel free to look up urinal trough diving on YouTube and see what some drunk NFL fans will do on a dare.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

13. Likes GrtLksMarlin, hairwing530 liked this post

Well, this thread in attacking the genius of the U.S. plumbing fixtures industry needs a reminder of another classic U.S. invention (and yes, we have all seen it, I'm just beating you guys to the punch).

Then again, we're about to head "up north" and the wife mentioned about wanting to hike around Grand Island, and asked since there is so little there, what were the restrooms like being a National Rec. Area.

Well here is one, right next to the trail...

Oddly, we're not going to Grand Island now

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
    ----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
    ---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.

15. Likes runningfish, itchmesir, hairwing530 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post

I think I can backup itchmesir's notion with this video

https://youtu.be/YbYWhdLO43Q

there...your lives won't be the same again.
    I am highly qualified to comment in this forum after receiving a Specialized High Intensive Training (S.H.I.T) at the Olde Schitt Institute of Technology (O.S.H.I.T).

17. Likes GrtLksMarlin, hairwing530 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast