Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hockey season !!!!

Well I'm here in the " Lodge " sitting at the Bar ...figured I'd just throw it out there ..Hockey season is coming , I'm excited always been a fan , played it as a kid, Our son has been playing since he was 5 , now 17. Just love the game .
    Any other fans here , who's you're team ? Been a Sabre fan for long time , lol our season will happen soon lol , also follow the senators , my son plays for the Jr .senators so I keep my eyes on this club ...

Airborne ( David )

2. Likes fr8dog, rangerrich99, dennyk liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hockey season !!!!

Just saw a reminder Avalanche preseason game is on tonight. Im college football and NHL hockey nuts, so the next 6 months is my wheelhouse of sports....well except the Avs suck
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

4. Likes airborne 82nd liked this post

This pair of posts still cracks me up from last year:

Quote Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
    Puking in my mouth a bit as I say Go Kings

At least being a Avalanche fan (ComeonAvs = Come on Avalanche), I dont have to lose sleep staying up late to watch games
    Quote Originally Posted by nevadanstig View Post
    Queens are going down.

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
    ----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
    ---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.

6. Likes airborne 82nd, rangerrich99, kayo, dennyk liked this post

Well being a sabre fan I've heard they suck to many times lol , but ya,know our season is coming lol ... it's Hockey and weird **** happens lol.
    Airborne (David )

Blog Entries

Been a STL Blues fan since '87(?). Still waiting for that glorious year when we finally take the Cup. But the team has been pretty good for a long time, so I guess I've got nothing to complain about.

Though last year was tough. I really thought we had a chance, what with the Wings and Hawks bowing out early.
    "Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark

9. Likes airborne 82nd liked this post

Sabres' have been in quite a few 'rebuilding years'. They have the talent, just can't seem to put it all together. Dig a hole early, play sorta OK midseason, then can't finish. Waiting to see the final line up this year. New management so I hope they get some discipline in their game. Dumass penalties usually eat their lunch. (Wait! Am I talking Bills?)

11. Likes ottosmagic13 liked this post

Huge hockey fan, play three times a week, and coach a girls U19 team. My oldest daughter is a freshman in college, so isn't playing right now, but was recruited to play club in college out West here. My middle daughter is a first-year U19 (which is 15 years old around here), and a giant, about 5'11" and 145 lbs., and a pretty good player. She destroyed some players at a U19AA tournament in St. Louis last spring, as a 14-year-old. She just needs a little motivation.

My wife plays in an adult beginner league, and my youngest daughter plays sled hockey, now and then. Yeah, we like hockey. Can't wait for the NHL season to start, but I am not optimistic about my Red Wings.

13. Likes airborne 82nd, kayo liked this post

I met the Red Wings one night. Scotty Bowman and the bunch when they won in Washington. We brought them into Detroit. Left the cup on the ramp. Couldn't resist.

I never played, other than pond hockey. This is Red Wing country, but I prefer college hockey. Our Adrian (MI) College Bulldogs are a NCAA D3 national power house! We get season tickets and have a lot of fun when it's cold and snowy and not a lot to do.

16. Likes dennyk liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by rusty 54 View Post
    I never played, other than pond hockey. This is Red Wing country, but I prefer college hockey. Our Adrian (MI) College Bulldogs are a NCAA D3 national power house! We get season tickets and have a lot of fun when it's cold and snowy and not a lot to do.
    On the holidays, I used to play with my cousins on the pond on my uncle's farm, just outside Mt. Pleasant. What great memories!! I still recall crying my eyes out as the feeling returned to my feet once back in the house.

18. Likes rusty 54 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast