Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default A little wet here in the burbs of Chicago

Incase many of you have been too busy watching football while the Midwest i.e. Illinois was getting pounded with rain. A local river near me called the Des Plaines river was a bit above its banks. The picture below is a foot bridge that crosses the river and it is usually 25-30ft off the water. And in the picture it is clearly a foot or so above the water.

This picture below is a road to the a local creek. The creek itself is back 500 feet and to the left 200 ft. Yea I assume that creek is a bit flooded.

Yea we got a little bit a rain here, it rained Friday, all day Saturday and part of Sunday. Looks like I won't be fishing for awhile. Except I did cross a local road that was under a foot of water and I swore I saw a small carp swim buy.

Blog Entries

Default Re: A little wet here in the burbs of Chicago

MikeG

Wow that was a great shot of the water level on the bridge. Amazing when you think that normally the level is 25 ft below what it shows in the picture. I had heard Chicago got lots of rain over the weekend but that picture sure puts a focus on how much you actually received.
    Looks like its time for some fly tying........fishing will be out of the question until that water level goes down.

Larry

Actually I had a carp on my new 8wt rod. I was bored and didn't have any work to do so I broke out the new 8wt i got and went casting in a parking lot next to a creek. The lot is about 1-2 feet deep. And amazingly I had a carp on....I think.

Blog Entries

MikeG

That is pretty funny! Catching fish in a flooded parking lot.

Larry