Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  774
Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Default Re: Putting a face to the name

Nice shot futuramille.
    What I really want to see are the shots leading up to it. It looks like you have your hands full yet somehow managed to balance a fly rod on your neck.
    I couldn't do that on a good day without losing the rod and probably the fish!

LOL
    Fly rod in left hand, fish in net (in water) after removing all hooks from fish and net.
    put rod end over left shoulder with tip of cork on neck (ballance point) and remove left glove.
    wet hands in water around fish...ask if son is ready for photo.
    pull fish out and smile....fish swims away...(DH C&R section of the Chattooga river).
    Not all that much drama really. I started putting my rod back there a couple years ago after almost loosing it in waist deep strong current while handling the fish with my rod under my arm....not really a trick anymore. Just a good way to free my hands for caring for the fish.

<sigh> ok, my son got a new camera for xmas so I'll get more photos of me this year I think. Here is a shot where I think I was about to retie his leader or change nymphs or some such...its become habbit. on a side note, don't let too much line or your flys be in the water when doing this....I got a strike once that almost took it!

Last edited by futuramille; 01-09-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    JJ

Blog Entries

JJ,
    Something to be said for having the balance point right at the winding check eh/ Nice step by step there bud,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

The <sigh> was because I didn't want to post that pic making my 5' 9" 180lb look like 280. For some reason I feel inclined to carry with me every fricken fly I own and fill every vest pocket. I know other frequent tiers that do the same. Is out a tier thing or what.
    JJ

Blog Entries

Some guys carry a lot, some guys just a little. Although the main prompt for my becoming a minimalist was the pain in the clavicle and trapezoid muscles that was being wrought by an overstuffed Stream Designs vest, there was also a bit of vanity at play as well. After seeing a couple pictures of myself all decked out I realized that I looked pregnant. Little by little I experimented with ways to carry less, a sort of weening if you would. The picture below was taken this last fall in the mountains and that's how I roll now, unless I wear a jacket. One fly box, a spool of leader and my rod & reel.

[IMG][/IMG]

With jacket I usually have 2 boxes and my Leatherman in the pockets and that's about it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

6. Likes argail liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by futuramille View Post
    LOL
    Fly rod in left hand, fish in net (in water) after removing all hooks from fish and net.
    put rod end over left shoulder with tip of cork on neck (ballance point) and remove left glove.
    wet hands in water around fish...ask if son is ready for photo.
    pull fish out and smile....fish swims away...(DH C&R section of the Chattooga river).
    Not all that much drama really. I started putting my rod back there a couple years ago after almost loosing it in waist deep strong current while handling the fish with my rod under my arm....not really a trick anymore. Just a good way to free my hands for caring for the fish.

<sigh> ok, my son got a new camera for xmas so I'll get more photos of me this year I think. Here is a shot where I think I was about to retie his leader or change nymphs or some such...its become habbit. on a side note, don't let too much line or your flys be in the water when doing this....I got a strike once that almost took it!

I like the Henry Blake hat! (MASH) milt.

Blog Entries

nice pics futuramille!

ard, i am hoping that i can join you on that stream (first pic) some day

casey

ARFE

Blog Entries

It's winter and this is how I look most often right now.

[IMG][/IMG]

10. Likes argail liked this post
    Blog Entries

silver fox? great hat

casey

ARFE

Blog Entries

Russian Blue & Beaver, real similar fur, thanks Casey. It's an old picture but I was just trying to get some more people to update or post. The picture is only from last February or March and I looked just like that today.

BTW, Seward Highway has been closed since 8:30 AM today and will remain closed until at least noon tomorrow. High winds up to 97 mph along Turnagain Arm are driving snow to blinding conditions. Also there were 2 avalanches, one near McHugh Creek and another at Bird Point. The one at Bird has the road blocked and the one at McHugh only covered part of the road.

Have you looked at what happened in Cordova? They got the snow Hammer.

Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast