Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2,413
Page 78 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us Your Photography

...to go along with Ard's shore birds

the only shade for miles around
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.” --- Horace Kephart

Blog Entries

Nice touch providing shade to the youngster Paul, I don't have many Gull shots but this one made it into my files.

[IMG][/IMG]

I liked the way it was looking at me as I went walking up the beach. This is taken along one of the bays where I fish for salmon in the sea.

This was one of the better eagle poses over the years;

[IMG][/IMG]

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Well I went to the park to try some fishing, knowing that we had alot of rain recently I figured i wouldnt be fishing due to high water.. so I had the chance to shoot good water flow in soft light. just a lil bushwacking later heres a few of the shots I took.

Enjoy!!!

was able to get out to an overlook today, I was hoping to see an eagle or hawk but the vulture atleast made the trip worth it. the creek I fish is below this look out point and was rollign good with the rain we had the last few days.

if you have comments please ask them in the Photography chat thread, the goal is to get this thread to be only photos. thanks
    Mike

flotsam art

What we really do instead of fish

The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.” --- Horace Kephart

beautiful sunrise

Wasn't sure where to put this but I thought this was a good place. Picked her up tonight, figured if it floats and I could afford it I had a winner. 17 foot fiberglass boat+nighttime photography. (thought it was cool to see the stars in the background and that obnoxious green light in my ally.)
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    This was one of the better eagle poses over the years;

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.

that wasn't taken on the homer spit was it?

ARFE

Blog Entries

Carl,

Good for you, now you can start planning float camp fishing that's how I handle floating alone. I don't worry about fishing from the boat, I do a lot of park and wade time. It's a great way to get to know a river. Congratulations on your boat,

Ard

Casey,

The eagle was down on the shore below where this shot of Redoubt was taken.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm thinking about half way between Homer and Anchor Point, That is Cook Inlet Kachemak Bay sorta. I'm not sure which picture you found but here is the zoom version. I was lucky with good light and a bird who sat stone still for the picture. I had no tripod with and so I sat and rested my elbows on my knees to create as solid a hold as I could.

[IMG][/IMG]

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Riptide

Got a great laugh from the photo of you napping on the beach. I too am fond of taking a quick snooze in the grass alongside the river, some of the best naps one can ever have.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Page 78 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast