Near Denver?

pfetz

Reaction score
Going to be in Denver for Father's Day weekend. Any decent spots or private waters within an hour or so that would be good for 3 people to fly fish for a day? Thanks.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Father's day weekend will probably be pretty crowded fishing on the front range, but I know that Blue Quill Anglers has some private stream access that is awesome to fish.

kevind62

Reaction score
Deckers, 11 Mile Canyon catch and release zone, Dream Stream. Poudre river also but fish are small up there. Get up early and get to Deckers early to secure a good spot. If you wait to long it gets crowded quick. 11 Mile canyon requires a day pass. I think it's either $6 or $9, can't remember. It's usually a self serve at the gate. Dream stream will be crowded too if you get there late.

PM sent.

Matt4.0

Reaction score
Depending on what type of fishing you're after and what the budget is, you could look at Boxwood Gulch. Pricey private water (guide required), stocked with giant fish.

rando

Reaction score
Hey, I am also going to be in Denver area (2h south) that weekend and I also have a question but a little different. Friends will take me to some alpine lakes but they usually use spining gear with lures. I want to fly fish and am not sure what rod to bring and I can only bring one. I was considering 8wt or a 6wt. What do you guys think?

Edit: I forgot to mention that I will also try to fish some streams but definitely not a priority.

Last edited:
J

joe_strummer

Hey, I am also going to be in Denver area (2h south) that weekend and I also have a question but a little different. Friends will take me to some alpine lakes but they usually use spining gear with lures. I want to fly fish and am not sure what rod to bring and I can only bring one. I was considering 8wt or a 6wt. What do you guys think?

Edit: I forgot to mention that I will also try to fish some streams but definitely not a priority.
6 will be plenty on any alpine lake.