Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Near Denver?

Default Near Denver?

Going to be in Denver for Father's Day weekend. Any decent spots or private waters within an hour or so that would be good for 3 people to fly fish for a day? Thanks.

Default Re: Near Denver?

Call the Blue Quill Angler or Trout's. They should be able to help you get on some private water.

3. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Father's day weekend will probably be pretty crowded fishing on the front range, but I know that Blue Quill Anglers has some private stream access that is awesome to fish.
    Larry

Deckers, 11 Mile Canyon catch and release zone, Dream Stream. Poudre river also but fish are small up there. Get up early and get to Deckers early to secure a good spot. If you wait to long it gets crowded quick. 11 Mile canyon requires a day pass. I think it's either $6 or $9, can't remember. It's usually a self serve at the gate. Dream stream will be crowded too if you get there late.

PM sent.
    Kevin
    "Fight like you're the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark"
    "Not every day is filled with sunshine. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"
    "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He never would have created the other 5 days of the week."

Depending on what type of fishing you're after and what the budget is, you could look at Boxwood Gulch. Pricey private water (guide required), stocked with giant fish.
    Life is like a box of chocolates...and a river runs through it. Or something like that.

Thanks, already booked. The Mrs needs to give me more notice next time!

Hey, I am also going to be in Denver area (2h south) that weekend and I also have a question but a little different. Friends will take me to some alpine lakes but they usually use spining gear with lures. I want to fly fish and am not sure what rod to bring and I can only bring one. I was considering 8wt or a 6wt. What do you guys think?

Edit: I forgot to mention that I will also try to fish some streams but definitely not a priority.
    Last edited by rando; 06-11-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rando View Post
    Hey, I am also going to be in Denver area (2h south) that weekend and I also have a question but a little different. Friends will take me to some alpine lakes but they usually use spining gear with lures. I want to fly fish and am not sure what rod to bring and I can only bring one. I was considering 8wt or a 6wt. What do you guys think?

Edit: I forgot to mention that I will also try to fish some streams but definitely not a priority.
    6 will be plenty on any alpine lake.

10. Thanks rando thanked for this post