Lower Salt Apache Junction, AZ.

fatbillybob

Reaction score
Does anyone know about fishing the Lower Salt near Apache Junction Az.?

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
I was on the lower salt a month ago. Water flow was low but good. The stocked trout in winter is popular with the locals. Thousands of people float the river in the summer. Fishing was slow but I managed to get a single trout. It's not a destination fishery.

2018_1215_13021900-1.jpg

fatbillybob

Reaction score
Thanks! I will be there doing some car stuff in town and always travel with a flyrod. I just need and hour or two to get my fix. If one pretty trout rises to my dry after a long cast and slow drift...I'll be good...

jangles

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wy
I was with Jeepster ll . If I were you I wouldn't waste my time but that's me . Depending on where you are in town I'd try Tempe Town Lake . I don't know if there are trout there but from what I've heard and seen on the www it's supposed to be good fishing . GLWYD

jangles

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wy
I haven’t fished that side of the Moggion Rim, but this fellow does and blogs to beat hell about ��.

flyfishingwhynow – Flyfishingwhynow

I know folks in that area and they do a lot of interesting warm water fly fishing.
I dont know who he is but he has a picture of a walleye trout I remember seeing on another site some months back . It's his feb 24 post . Sure is a sucker fishing fool .

AzTrouter

Reaction score
Sonoran Suckers are cagey and good fighters and native to a lot of SW fisheries, they are a hoot on a fly rod! The fly fishermen in that neck of the woods get a lot more quality fly fishing in than one would think.

I met the owner of that blog on a Rim creek one blustery day this winter he’s a good guy.