Forum meetup in NM or Colorado this summer?

moucheur2003

Reaction score
I have been offered access to private ranches in the Weminuche watershed near Pagosa Springs, CO, and a stretch of the Rio Chama near Chama, NM. I'd like to put a trip together for a few days or a week toward the end of July or early August, after the snowmelt subsides, but my regular fishing buddies can't make it. If I can put it together, would anybody here interested in joining me? It would be fun to meet some of you in person. Send me a private message.

kevind62

Reaction score
Would love to make it. Unfortunately I'll be stuck here gazing upon this nasty, polluted, overfished Qianhe River through the first week of Sept. Best of luck!

taylorreels

Reaction score
I have been offered access to private ranches in the Weminuche watershed near Pagosa Springs, CO, and a stretch of the Rio Chama near Chama, NM. I'd like to put a trip together for a few days or a week toward the end of July or early August, after the snowmelt subsides, but my regular fishing buddies can't make it. If I can put it together, would anybody here interested in joining me? It would be fun to meet some of you in person. Send me a private message.
So see you in Chama later this year? We are in Abq.

jangles

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wy
While you're in the area you might want to fish the San Juan too .
I was over in Chama the other week and the water was high and muddy . Hopefully it will clean up soon .
Pagosa Springs is a beautiful little town . The Piedra river is close but have never fished it . I will this summer tho . Good luck with your trip , sounds like fun .

moucheur2003

Reaction score
Update: I think I'm zeroing in loosely on the week of August 5-12, more or less, and staying at the Pagosa Springs ranch. I'm told it's only a 1 1/2 hour drive to Chama so we could make day trips if we want. I've received PM's from a couple of you. If anyone else is interested, please PM me.

moucheur2003

Reaction score
Update: Unfortunately I was never able to pull this off. All my plans for the late summer and fall were thrown into disarray when, in rapid succession, our son's planned move from LA to Boston needed to be rescheduled on short notice, our cat ran away, our dog got sick and passed over the Rainbow Bridge, and my father in Florida went into the hospital for unplanned surgery, then into hospice, and finally joined the dog. It has been a difficult time. My apologies to those of you who were hoping to join me on this trip, or at least to hear more about it from me.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Update: Unfortunately I was never able to pull this off. All my plans for the late summer and fall were thrown into disarray when, in rapid succession, our son's planned move from LA to Boston needed to be rescheduled on short notice, our cat ran away, our dog got sick and passed over the Rainbow Bridge, and my father in Florida went into the hospital for unplanned surgery, then into hospice, and finally joined the dog. It has been a difficult time. My apologies to those of you who were hoping to join me on this trip, or at least to hear more about it from me.
Wow, you had quite the summer, sorry to hear about your father passing.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, you had quite the summer, sorry to hear about your father passing.