Sr ny

flytie09

Reaction score
My SR NY fishing report......Its been very high water all week making fishing very difficult. Water levels dropping slowly and had the chance today with this one.......On the Todd Moen pattern i shared earlier. This one is the Lillian colors. Pink and Purple.

Whatever you use, swing it with confidence.

B47E3B90-5F72-4B33-A9BC-4FB7BD06B246.jpg

02F23839-2E58-4D10-AC5A-38276345F17D.jpg

Last edited:

eastfly66

Reaction score
:thumbsupu

Nice work Mike, reading the reports it sounds like it was tough conditions but you pulled it off again !

flytie09

Reaction score
Today it was another tough one. Walked in a couple miles to same spot where i landed 2x fish and only managed a 16” brown. Water was perfect. Snowed a bit and moved on to the crowded areas for last light bite. First spot, zero. No one was hooking up. Final spot...... missed an explosive fish. Broke my Lefty Kreh’s non-slip loop knot. Fish jumped in the hole a bit not happy with a hook in its jaw and wouldn’t you know it was promptly hooked by the crowd below me. That’s how it goes.

2x more days. Water is perfect now. Go out and get em!

flytie09

Reaction score
9th and final day. It’s been another interesting trip. Today was a little better. Water dropped to 350 cfs and fishing I found easier and better. As crowded the 1st week of November as I had ever seen it, however. Almost like Salmon season now for Steelhead. Good for local economy though to keep things hopping.

A little purple bunny intruder and a Lady Caroline were the flies du juor.

Swing em low and slow. And hang on!

bluewinged46er

Reaction score
Great thread. I miss the SR, having recently left NY for Tennessee. The crowds on the SR can be annoying but when things come together it can be magical.