Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Sr ny

Default Sr ny

My SR NY fishing report......Its been very high water all week making fishing very difficult. Water levels dropping slowly and had the chance today with this one.......On the Todd Moen pattern i shared earlier. This one is the Lillian colors. Pink and Purple.

Whatever you use, swing it with confidence.

B47E3B90-5F72-4B33-A9BC-4FB7BD06B246.jpg

02F23839-2E58-4D10-AC5A-38276345F17D.jpg
    Last edited by flytie09; 11-07-2019 at 07:52 AM.

If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.
    ~Zane Grey

" . . . shouldn't a man stand on his own two feet and catch his own steelhead? Maybe put out some effort and find his own fish just for the fun of it?"
    ~Syd Glasso

Default Re: Sr ny

Beautiful catch! Thanks for the share.

Blog Entries

Good for you Mike!

I heard a rumor that the water was up a little and was wondering how it would shake out for you.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Nice work Mike, reading the reports it sounds like it was tough conditions but you pulled it off again !

Nice fish man!

Today it was another tough one. Walked in a couple miles to same spot where i landed 2x fish and only managed a 16” brown. Water was perfect. Snowed a bit and moved on to the crowded areas for last light bite. First spot, zero. No one was hooking up. Final spot...... missed an explosive fish. Broke my Lefty Kreh’s non-slip loop knot. Fish jumped in the hole a bit not happy with a hook in its jaw and wouldn’t you know it was promptly hooked by the crowd below me. That’s how it goes.

2x more days. Water is perfect now. Go out and get em!

~Zane Grey

" . . . shouldn't a man stand on his own two feet and catch his own steelhead? Maybe put out some effort and find his own fish just for the fun of it?"
    ~Syd Glasso

7. Thanks Ard thanked for this post

9th and final day. Its been another interesting trip. Today was a little better. Water dropped to 350 cfs and fishing I found easier and better. As crowded the 1st week of November as I had ever seen it, however. Almost like Salmon season now for Steelhead. Good for local economy though to keep things hopping.

A little purple bunny intruder and a Lady Caroline were the flies du juor.

Swing em low and slow. And hang on!

~Zane Grey

~Syd Glasso

9. Thanks Ard thanked for this post
    Likes unknownflyman liked this post