Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Any SD boys?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY by way of SD
    Posts
    370

    Default Any SD boys?

    I'm from Spearfish, anybody else from the great state of SD?

  2. Default Re: Any SD boys?

    Yes sir.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY by way of SD
    Posts
    370

    Default Re: Any SD boys?

    where from?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    black hills south dakota
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Any SD boys?

    Yep. right hear in the Black Hills.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    112

    Default Re: Any SD boys?

    Quote Originally Posted by SdDryFly View Post
    I'm from Spearfish, anybody else from the great state of SD?
    Hi, I'm from SD, grew up in RC but live in Colorado now. My parents live in Boulder Canyon. I love fishing the Black Hills, best kept secret in the West. I go home a few times a year and fish. I was just there last month and fished Spring Creek and Spearfish Canyon. I even caught a half dozen small trout in Whitewood Creek right in Deadwood. Where else can you catch fish and play cards in the No. 10 Saloon all in the same hour, with fish smell on your hands?

    I even bought a set of gear tailored to the small creeks and streams of home...a Scott A4 8ft4wt and a Lamson Litespeed reel, my secret BH outfit. I still bring a 9ft5wt for Pactola Basin and Rapid Creek. If I lived there I would fish every weekend.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    black hills south dakota
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Any SD boys?

    Quote Originally Posted by mike63 View Post
    Hi, I'm from SD, grew up in RC but live in Colorado now. My parents live in Boulder Canyon. I love fishing the Black Hills, best kept secret in the West. I go home a few times a year and fish. I was just there last month and fished Spring Creek and Spearfish Canyon. I even caught a half dozen small trout in Whitewood Creek right in Deadwood. Where else can you catch fish and play cards in the No. 10 Saloon all in the same hour, with fish smell on your hands?

    I even bought a set of gear tailored to the small creeks and streams of home...a Scott A4 8ft4wt and a Lamson Litespeed reel, my secret BH outfit. I still bring a 9ft5wt for Pactola Basin and Rapid Creek. If I lived there I would fish every weekend.
    You got some great fishing there in Colorado as well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY by way of SD
    Posts
    370

    Default Re: Any SD boys?

    I would love to get down and fish Colorado sometime. I have lived in the Black Hills my entire life and didn't realize what I had in front of me. I got spoiled the last few summers by living and fishing in Western Wyoming. I came back home and couldn't catch fish to save my life. Talking to some people, I realized I was fishing too big of flies, which I was familiar with doing in Wyo. I soon changed up tactics and have been crushing the fish.

    Willard, maybe we can meet up for a day of fishing sometime this summer.
    where are you from?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    black hills south dakota
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Any SD boys?

    Quote Originally Posted by SdDryFly View Post
    I would love to get down and fish Colorado sometime. I have lived in the Black Hills my entire life and didn't realize what I had in front of me. I got spoiled the last few summers by living and fishing in Western Wyoming. I came back home and couldn't catch fish to save my life. Talking to some people, I realized I was fishing too big of flies, which I was familiar with doing in Wyo. I soon changed up tactics and have been crushing the fish.

    Willard, maybe we can meet up for a day of fishing sometime this summer.
    where are you from?
    Right here in Rapid city . I live in Black Hawk. I fish at least once a week in rapid creek after work I get off work at 1:30 in the after noon so i always have time to fish.

Similar Threads

  1. Eastern Boys Headed To The Western World
    By Dotsonnt in forum Rocky Mountain Range
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 05:06 AM
  2. texas boys??
    By ect in forum Find a Fishing Partner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 06:04 PM
  3. The Boys' Guide To Hunting & Fly-Fishing (The New York Sun)
    By Fish Bones in forum The Daily Papers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 12:50 AM
  4. How about some Smaller Wet Fly's Boys
    By FlySlinger in forum General Fly Tying Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 03:12 AM
  5. The Boys From Brazil - By Ric McNulty
    By Fish Bones in forum Fly Fishing Adventure Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 02:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •