Bass Lake MN

mbchilton

Reaction score
I'm looking for information on Bass Lake MN. To clarify, this is the lake directly north of North Twin Lake in Beltrami County. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mbchilton

Reaction score
You found it! It's the third one down. I couldn't find info anywhere. My father-in-law mentioned taking me there. He's not a big fisherman, and didn't know much about it. I was mostly curious as to what kind of fish it has. He talked about bass, but I didn't know if they were smallmouth of largemouth. It looks like only largemouth in this lake.

Thank you.

ted4887

Reaction score
No problem.

Google MN DNR Lakefinder if you have questions on more lakes. It's super easy to use, and has some great information on it.

My recommendation would be to make the drive over to one of the bigger lakes and try to find a boat rental. Winni, Cass, Bemidji all have fantastic musky populations if you want to give that a try. There is also a plethora of guides in the area if that works better for you, although I don't know of any fly fishing guides. That is prime fishing territory up there, so you won't have any problem finding your target species. My only recommendation would be to bring a sink line, as many of those lakes get really deep and have limited shallow water opportunities. They are great swimming lakes though!

Have fun.