It's Getting Close To That Time

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like we are ahead of you, our streams only have small leads of open water after that cold spell of -20 degrees that we recently endured.

Larry

ontheflymn

Reaction score
It's been cold, but not -20 cold. The good spring creeks have enough flow and "warm" spring fed water to stay open during the winter, with the exception of some shelf ice here and there if it gets brutally cold.

Most of the Driftless, outside of Iowa, has been closed since Sept. 30, so I'm not alone when I say I've definitely got fly fishing on my mind. Flies are tied, leader's checked, boxes are full, tippet spools are full, wader bag is packed.

It will be here soon enough.

coloradocaddis970

Reaction score
ontheflymn,

just moved out here in October and I'm getting antsy to get out there. if you're ever looking for a tag along let me know. I'm in the twin cities. Sundays and Mondays will be my fish days.

diamond rush

Reaction score
I just got back to NC from my visit back home to Minnesota. I can't wait for next Christmas when I can fish some MN streams over Christmas break. Although it was probably a bit cold this past weekend...

itchmesir

Reaction score
The 1st can't come quick enough! Bought a new set of Carhartt heavy weight base layer... Looking like highs in the single digits on the 1st... Sure beats that -17F last new years day!