Trout streams near quad cities

fly_fish

Reaction score
I have been looking around online and I see that there are quite a few streams for trout on the Iowa side of quad cities. I am wondering if there are any streams on the Illinois side and if not, what is the average drive from quad cities international to some decent trout waters. Thanks for any and all help as the Google machine has been less than helpful.

guest64

Account on hold
Reaction score
I'm from SE MN. There are many trout streams in SE MN, but they'd be 3 hours or so away from the quad cities. There are also s=trout streams in NE IA. I'm not real familiar with them, but there is quite a bit of information on the Iowa DNR page including a ma:

Trout Stream Map

There seem to be a few IA trout guys on here, so I suspect one of them will jump in with more info.

itchmesir

Reaction score
Decorah area streams are tough to beat for Iowa residents...

From my understanding northwestern Illinois is part of the Driftless area... But there's not really anything for streams

fishiowa

Reaction score
I have been looking around online and I see that there are quite a few streams for trout on the Iowa side of quad cities. I am wondering if there are any streams on the Illinois side and if not, what is the average drive from quad cities international to some decent trout waters. Thanks for any and all help as the Google machine has been less than helpful.
The closest would be a couple streams in Jackson county, about one hour but I wouldn't recommend them. Next would be Dubuque county; about an hour and a half drive, with a couple decent streams but mostly stockers . Three hours and you can be well into the driftless area with a ton of choices in both NE Iowa and SW Wisconsin. I'm not familiar with the fishing in SE Minnesota.