Move MN to Great Lakes forum?

guest64

Account on hold
Reaction score
Wondering if the forum owners would consider moving Minnesota to the Great Lakes forum?

Fly fishing in MN has a very high affinity to fly fishing in WI. In particular, WI and MN are both in the "driftless" region which is laced with spring creeks and trout fishing opportunities. Like WI and the other Great Lake states, MN also has lake run trout / salmon fishing on the MN north shore of Lake Superior.

As a MN user of the forum, this change would make sense to me and make the forums a little easier to navigate and read.

guest64

Account on hold
Reaction score
Maybe I didn't articulate what I had in mind clearly, but I'm not seeing what has changed.

When I look at the "Sub-Forums : Fly Fishing in the United States" page, I see a subforum titled:
Upper Mid-U.S.
Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

and another titled:
Great Lakes Region
Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

What I had in mind was that Minnesota be added to the description of the Great Lakes Region forum and dropped from the description of the Upper Mid-U.S. forum.

BigJim2x

Reaction score
southern Minnesota just left of the Driftless
I have wondered about Minnesota notbeing listed under Great Lakes too from time to time. I just know to look for it in the Upper Mid-US area but I do miss it sometimes scrolling through as it is odd not being in Great Lakes. MN may not have as much Great Lake coastline as other States but it is a heck of a drive from Duluth to Grand Portage - several hours.

I have also thought about starting a "driftless area" users group, rather than a sub-forum but a sub-forum may be a good idea too.

There is a group membership function that I have noticed in the members information page. Anyone interested in joining a driftless area users group?

2x

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe I didn't articulate what I had in mind clearly, but I'm not seeing what has changed.

When I look at the "Sub-Forums : Fly Fishing in the United States" page, I see a subforum titled:
Upper Mid-U.S.
Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

and another titled:
Great Lakes Region
Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

What I had in mind was that Minnesota be added to the description of the Great Lakes Region forum and dropped from the description of the Upper Mid-U.S. forum.
Ok, I think I have it fixed. I added Michigan to the Great Lakes Region yesterday and forgot to remove it from the Upper Mid-U.S. Sorry about that!
Fly Fishing in the United States - The North American Fly Fishing Forum

guest64

Account on hold
Reaction score
This is all taken care of now. Thanks much to our friendly admin Larry for listening and taking care of it.

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
I noticed that they were separate and now together which makes a lot of sense. Many of us Minnesotans fish the south shore and many of the Wisconsin rivers some of which are really close to the Twin Cities.

Good Move!