First 2020 Day Trip-Western Nebraska

mmorris56

Reaction score
The weather and my work schedule finally lined up a couple weeks ago and I was able to get out to one of the local spring creeks. The fishing was great, nothing too big but plenty of fish. Black zebra midges and egg patterns were the ticket.

SDMT

Reaction score
I'm interested in what you catch there? I take it... it's the upper reaches of the Platte?
I driver through there often.

mmorris56

Reaction score
Browns and rainbows. A few of the creeks have naturally reproducing populations. Most access is on private land but there are a few public access spots. The majority of the creeks are draining in to the North Platte. They can also get difficult during irrigation season due to runoff.

ratherfish

Reaction score
I am always interested in a western NE trip - I get you have private access but any kind of coordinates or map ideas for us without privilege???

mmorris56

Reaction score
Actually, I’m part of the unwashed masses without private access lol. Nebraska Game and Parks put out a creek/stream specific guide a year or two ago. It lists streams and their accessibility...even if there’s only private access. On their website, they also have interactive maps with access areas and info superimposed on a Google Maps type setup.