Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  31
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Winston Pre IM6, IM6, & WT Reference

As a quick update - I spoke at length in a meeting with Jim Murphy from Winston during his visit to the Denver Fly Fishing Show, and he requested that I forward my notes and data to him, which I have done. He has confirmed via email the he will be sharing this with the Winston team, and it is my hopes that it will not only be valuable in preservation of Winston's history, but in assisting the masses of collectors with accurate time-lining. Further, I garnered Jim's commitment that Winston will do their utmost to verify accuracy, and bring to light any noted variances or inaccuracies that may exist, so that we may all enjoy a confirmed and detailed true account of record. I will update again, once this has taken place, and if any anomalies are noted will make corrections accordingly. I think this is great movement toward perpetude of record being held at Winston.

2. Thanks Lewis Chessman, jamesrick, edreilly thanked for this post
    Likes trout stalker, moucheur2003 liked this post

Thatís great! I appreciate everyone putting in the effort to document the history before it is lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cooutlaw View Post
    As a quick update - I spoke at length in a meeting with Jim Murphy from Winston during his visit to the Denver Fly Fishing Show, and he requested that I forward my notes and data to him, which I have done. He has confirmed via email the he will be sharing this with the Winston team, and it is my hopes that it will not only be valuable in preservation of Winston's history, but in assisting the masses of collectors with accurate time-lining. Further, I garnered Jim's commitment that Winston will do their utmost to verify accuracy, and bring to light any noted variances or inaccuracies that may exist, so that we may all enjoy a confirmed and detailed true account of record. I will update again, once this has taken place, and if any anomalies are noted will make corrections accordingly. I think this is great movement toward perpetude of record being held at Winston.
    If anyone else runs into him at another show, maybe he can be persuaded to bring the discussion forum back to the Winston website!

5. Likes mka liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
    If anyone else runs into him at another show, maybe he can be persuaded to bring the discussion forum back to the Winston website!
    Moucheur, Interestingly enough....I happened to broach that very subject with him as well....with a strong push for the possible benefit of re-gathering the largely desegregated group of Winston advocates, I also pointed out the far too substandard facebook page replacement as VERY inadequate. I think Jim truly understood my points, if from nothing else, a business perspective. He said he would take them under advisement and discuss with marketing if an initiative could be put together. Guess we'll see.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234