I've been posting about these a long time.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Ever since I became part of the forum I believe and have been watching this one to see if I might just snatch it. RARE, ORVIS 7'9" FAR & FINE 5 WT. FLY ROD IN NEAR PERFECT SHAPE, SERIAL # 1078 | eBay

1978 and like new, one of the points I always make when recommending the rods (circa 1977 - 1983) is that if you buy one under 250 chances are you'll never lose a dollar on it if you resell. When I bought mine in 1979 they sold for 365.00 and this one will get close to that I suspect.

Not sure how many rods I've owned over the years but can say without hesitation that the Far & Fine 5 weight is the overall best fishing rod I ever handled.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
for a mint rod this is a great deal. My 79 isfrom 83. love it.
I suspect you may have been at some point indoctrinated into the Far & Fine cult due to your continued participation here for the past 8 years Eunan :D

The only way to get a fresher one would be a time machine, 5 hours left stuck at $300 and I wonder if there will be last second sniping?

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
A five dollar bump took it ending at $305.00 plus postage and I feel like that made a good deal for both seller (less fees) and buyer. Someone has a nice new 1978 Far & Fine :)

I battle against my inner hoarder instinct every time there is a new one offered but I have one so I always back off around $235.00...........

ia_trouter

Reaction score
I suspect you may have been at some point indoctrinated into the Far & Fine cult due to your continued participation here for the past 8 years Eunan :D

The only way to get a fresher one would be a time machine, 5 hours left stuck at $300 and I wonder if there will be last second sniping?
I may have fished with a guy that claims you single-handedly caused the explosion in Far and Fine used pricing. I don't know about all that, but I am pretty you are implicated. :)