Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Orchard industries Actionglas model 2076

I was recently given an orchard industries model 2076 7'6" fly rod that was my grandfather's, I would like to replace a few of the guides and pass it on to my children. I have no idea what weight of line to use with it. I myself am new to fly fishing any information on this rod or advise would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Default Re: Orchard industries Actionglas model 2076

Quote Originally Posted by Huronwader View Post
    I was recently given an orchard industries model 2076 7'6" fly rod that was my grandfather's, I would like to replace a few of the guides and pass it on to my children. I have no idea what weight of line to use with it. I myself am new to fly fishing any information on this rod or advise would be greatly appreciated thank you!
    I cannot tell you much about the rod itself or the value but i love a fiberglass rod.
    The rod should have a set of letters or numbers located on the blank near the real seat.You can look the letters up on a AFTM Chart and figure out the line weight.Just google AFTM Fly Line Chart.
    Curious does this rod have a round blank or the hex shaped blank?
    Some of the older models had the hex shaped blanks and resembled a bamboo rod.
    -Steve

"There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm."-Patrick f. McManus