WTB a rod tube and cloth (4 pce, 9 wght)

caddis75

Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking for a sturdy, preferably metal, rod tube and cloth for a 4 pce, 9 weight rod. I want to replace an aftermarket one I got when I bought a used rod. If you have one, or know of a good site, let me know. Thank you.

jayr

Reaction score
I’ve bought a couple of rod socks off of EBay and have been very pleased. Very well made and not terribly expensive.

trev

Reaction score
I'm not much help, I sew my own socks in ~10 min& $1 worth of cloth and roll my own tubes from drain pipe.

But, I am curious what is wrong with one after market case that you look for another aftermarket case? Do you want one with reel storage or that lets you stow the rod with the reel on it; or just a plain tube?

Several places like Cabela's, Bass Pro, MudHole, Clear Creek Fishing Gear, Hook & Hackle, Angler's Workshop, even Amazon sell tubes and socks, some of them quite nice.
This place makes (I haven't dealt with them) custom tubes Tubes, Socks & Cases - Custom Fly Rod Crafters
And this one (I haven't dealt with them) The Fly Shop Custom Aluminum Fly Rod Tubes

caddis75

Reaction score
Thanks all. I found some aftermarket ones, I was just wondering before I pulled the trigger to ask here in case anyone has one collecting dust. I found one I will get. TY.

bluewinged46er

Reaction score
Glad you found one. I was going to say that I have found the rod tubes over rated unless you are taking an extended trip. The only tube I still use is an aluminum tube for my 10' orvis recon. And the reason for that is that I have it covered with stickers from destinations over the years. It just looks cool. ;-)