Arapaima on fly

theboz

Reaction score
Those Aras and the Redtail are tremendous fish. Look like a blast. I'm guessing that you are fishing at one of those fishing parks in Thailand . As cool as it looks if I was looking to have that experience and spend that kind of money I would personally opt to fish SA where the fish are in their natural habitat. But that's just me cool video and great fish!

delopez

Reaction score
So, I was watching River Monsters the other day. It was an episode about the electric eel... Just so happened that arapaima were being caught in that show... When I saw this, River Monsters was the first thing that I thought of... :D

nick k

Reaction score
So, I was watching River Monsters the other day. It was an episode about the electric eel... Just so happened that arapaima were being caught in that show... When I saw this, River Monsters was the first thing that I thought of... :D
There's a River Monsters episode specifically for Arapaima. You should check it out.

Noah The Flyfisherman

Reaction score
i might go to one of those fishing parks in a couple years when i can afford it to catch those huge carp, mekong katfish, aripima, & everything else. arowana on like a 5 wt would be crazy, they are micro aripima, both osteoglossiformes OOPS I just posted on a 2013 thread

MobyJones

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i might go to one of those fishing parks in a couple years when i can afford it to catch those huge carp, mekong katfish, aripima, & everything else. arowana on like a 5 wt would be crazy, they are micro aripima, both osteoglossiformes OOPS I just posted on a 2013 thread
A 2013 thread... Lets bring it up to speed then. :)

If you want an Asian park, then this is the one to go to.

Fishing In Thailand | Gillhams Fishing Resorts

If you want to try for Arapaima in their native range then this looks like an outfit to try. Though I've not been with them myself. But plan too one day.

Amazon Fishing Vacations for Real Adventure Fishing in South America (amazon-angler.com)