Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Default catfish and crappie

me and kruggy went fishing to day for a lil bit. I ended up wtih 2 more crappie and a nice size cat that I caught on a black wooly bugger onthe 3 wt! what a fight! took me like 5 mins to get it in! also turned over a few rocks and took pics of some nymphs. look like mayflies to me. here is some pix!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Hey, you.Get your damn hands off my herl !!!!"

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.

2. Default Re: catfish and crappie

Cool!! Those Crappie are a BLAST, aren't they. I was just went fly fishing in a N.C. pond last night and got 2. One on a mickey finn and one on, of all things, an ADAMS!!! That cat wouldda been a fighter. Those buggers get everything. As for those nymphs, I'd second the mayfly vote. Wonder when the hatch is...............LOL. Keep those pics comin'!!!!!
    I like organic chicken..... The kind with the capes still on 'em

3. Default Re: catfish and crappie

ya that cat put up a fight! was the biggest fish I have caught on my 3 wt so far! my arm was even starting to burn from fighting it! lol
    "Hey, you.Get your damn hands off my herl !!!!"

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.

Default Re: catfish and crappie

Nice fish! We should hook up sometime. I'm in SW Ohio.

It was a good time, plus watching mcfly hook that cat was cool it really put that 3wt to a test.

6. Default Re: catfish and crappie

I had to smile at your catfish post. I have been fishing an urban creek near my home and it is loaded with cat! This one took me to my backing a week or two ago (6 wt). I was fishing for Carp and Smallies and this was the surprise of the night. Not sure why some folks turn their nose up at these fish, I happen to think they are an absolute blast!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Greatpics Pittflyguy, thats definetly a nice cat!!!

Seeing these cats caught on fly goes to show how much there preditors not just bottom feeders like some think.