28 26.92%
  • stay as a nongame fish

49 47.12%
  • i don't care

27 25.96%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you think of carp.

Default what do you think of carp.

i thought this might be an interesting poll to see what people think about carp.

in most states (i don't know it might be all states) the carp is considered a non-game fish.

do you think that it should stay a nongame fish or should become a game fish now that people are reallizing its sporting value.
    Troy

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

I guess I need to know the difference between a game and a non-game fish before voting.

As for carp... LOVE 'em! Those suckers don't want to be caught or landed if hooked!

3. Default

Hmmm.
    What do I think of carp.
    OK
    Carp.
    One butt ugly fish that fights like a tarpon.

4. Default

A nice bonus fish that exercises the fighting arm!

Blog Entries

Default Dont get me started about carp

i hate carp lets just put it that way
    "A good cast is like a good whiskey- It's smooth and hits the spot" -Anonymous fly fishing guide

Are you asking if they should get special protection or what? As with Jackster, I would need to know what difference it would make to classify carp as "game fish" before voting.

yeah i should have said that, i meant like when a fish is a game fish in MT you can't just toss it on a bank and let it die. so im asking if you think they should become a game fish so people can't kill them anymore or stay a nongame fish to control there numbers.
    Troy

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

Default Carp are awesome...

To fish for no matter what they are classified, they are truly a tough fish to catch on the fly; and I don't know of a freshwater fish that gives a better fight. As far as throwing them on the bank goes, it doesn't matter if they are a game fish or a non-game fish, that act is performed by an unethical person. If I was fishing with someone who did that it would be the last time we fished together.

Dan

9. Likes chi flyfisher liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post
    To fish for no matter what they are classified, they are truly a tough fish to catch on the fly; and I don't know of a freshwater fish that gives a better fight. As far as throwing them on the bank goes, it doesn't matter if they are a game fish or a non-game fish, that act is performed by an unethical person. If I was fishing with someone who did that it would be the last time we fished together.

Dan
    I do agree with you Dan...game fish,non game fish doesn't mean anything to me...dace carp and others are far more difficult to catch than trout...my friends JM and Batistou enjoy fighting these torpedos(see my thread outstanding catch)they always release all the fish they catch no matter their species...if they threw them on the bank...they wouldn't be my best fishing buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutwhisperer View Post
    yeah i should have said that, i meant like when a fish is a game fish in MT you can't just toss it on a bank and let it die. so im asking if you think they should become a game fish so people can't kill them anymore or stay a nongame fish to control there numbers.
    Thanks for clarifying! Unfortunately, where I live, there is no penalty for throwing fish on the bank and I agree with HuronRiverDan, et. al that no fish should tossed away like that. I suspect my response does not get at the gist of your question, but I do think they are worthy of protection and being managed to control their numbers.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast