1. Default Re: What else have you caught

lol i think i have caught more weeds and tree limbs thatn fish
    rabbit fur dubbing- $3.99

peacock hackle- $4.99

catching a fish on your own fly- priceless

2. Default Re: What else have you caught

Muskie All The Way Baby!!!!!!

3. Default Re: What else have you caught

For me, on a fly rod, grayling, cutts, browns, bluegill. crappie, crayfish, walleye, rainbow, carp, cat, salmon, perch, shad, sculpin and anywhere from 1" to 30+"

4. Default Re: What else have you caught

A beaver, really. He swam into the leader and was hooked on the shoulder. Hell of a fight for a few seconds.....

5. Default Re: What else have you caught

I caught a buzz once, ok fine. I catch a buzz just about every time I go fishing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. Default Re: What else have you caught

I know you want fish species, but I just remembered a part of my Labor Day trip that was funny. I had hooked into a nice fish and was in the process of bringing it in when three Pelican's landed real close. I wasn't paying attention to them, but My sister in law yells at me that they are after my fish.
    He was, and I had visions of this protected bird flying off with my fish and my fly still in it's mouth....what to do. Anyway, he got close to my fish so I started slpping the side of my pontoon to scare him off. I would reel a little more them start slapping the side of my boat again. Took forever to get this fish in, then the birds took off and I felt at ease to let this poor fish go. It was amusing after all was done.

Default Re: What else have you caught

Reel.... flail.... reel.... flail.... That does sound amusing Joni.

Kinda sounds like what I did the other night to keep a cottontail from running in front of my bike. My wife thought it was hilarious that I was barking at it like a dog. I don't know why she would think a 250lb guy on a road bike barking at a cute rodent was funny....

Anybody ever caught a duck or a seagull? I've come close to having my fly grabbed by them, but haven't yet.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

8. Default Re: What else have you caught

Recently I was followed around the pond by a flock of turtles that really wanted my fly. Kinda strange - one by one they would pop up so that there was a turtle just about anywhere I could cast so I moved to a different section.

9. Default Re: What else have you caught

Quote Originally Posted by mobarclay
    Recently I was followed around the pond by a flock of turtles that really wanted my fly. Kinda strange - one by one they would pop up so that there was a turtle just about anywhere I could cast so I moved to a different section.
    When I was a kid we had a pond FULL of turtles. I would sit on the banks for hours with my .22 waiting for the turtle heads ( ha ha) to popup. Great target practice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

10. Default Re: What else have you caught

Well I thought I would throw in a catch I made today.How 'bout a 410lb bluefin tuna(332 lbs dressed) Ok, Ok, it wasn't caught on a Fly Rod, but a live mackeral under a kite,just like dry fly fishin,but super duper sized!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast