Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  4,165
Page 168 of 169 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169 LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1687

Thread: warmwater pics

Default Re: warmwater pics

Quote Originally Posted by mjkirshner View Post
    No bass were harmed during filming...

Been using circle hooks for bass flies and very happy not having to dig hooks out of their throats. This one and the one five minutes after ate a gray over white clouser with small bead chain eyes tied on a #4 circle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Nice fish. Is that a new rod and reel outfit? Looks brand new.

2. Likes dennyk liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jzim View Post
    Nice fish. Is that a new rod and reel outfit? Looks brand new.
    The rod is new. Second time out. Fenwick Aetos 5 wt. The reel is not new but not very old. It has WF6F Rio Bonefish line and normally paired with a 6 wt Colton, but I was trying it on the Aetos because it seems to cast better one line weight up.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    People complain about the humidity in Florida... but no one's ever had to shovel humidity to get to his car.

Quote Originally Posted by mjkirshner View Post
    Aetos because it seems to cast better one line weight up.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    How do you like the Aetos rod? There's a 9' 5wt at my local Bass Pro that is regularly $189 and they have it marked down to $120. I was thinking about pulling the trigger on it for that cheap...

Blog Entries

Pretty good crappie bite off the bank yesterday near sundown. Warming trends with veiled sunshine seem to turn on a bite. Got a couple of bonus catfish and small bass. One more day in the low 70's, then back to cooler weather.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

6. Likes ezduzit, dennyk, rc51sport, kentuckysteve liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbeck View Post
    How do you like the Aetos rod? There's a 9' 5wt at my local Bass Pro that is regularly $189 and they have it marked down to $120. I was thinking about pulling the trigger on it for that cheap...
    I would do it. I got mine at a similar price, and it is worth every penny. Let me preface this by saying that at this price point, there is nothing to complain about, but if I had to find something to complain about, it would be two minor items. First, the alignment dot on one section is slightly off, so that once you get the rod together, you have to shift that one section a degree or two to get all of the guides to line up. It is not a big deal, because the alignment on the two lower sections is fine, and once those two are line up, the rest doesn't really even need the dots. Second is the filler on the handle. I'm not complaining about the amount of filler, but rather its very existence. I don't mind cork with pits, especially at this low a price (and it kind of gives the rod an "experienced" look), but the filler they use is useless, other than to make the handle look nice before you take off the plastic. After that, once the handle gets wet, the filler starts to come out and just becomes a gritty annoyance. I have used the rod only two or three times, and I keep having to dunk my hand in water and wipe off the rod because of the grit. Once the filler is all gone (and I may "he'p" it along with a knife point), I think it will be fine. I don't expect fine, smooth cork when I paid less than $120 for the rod, but I wish they used a more durable filler or just left the filler out.
    People complain about the humidity in Florida... but no one's ever had to shovel humidity to get to his car.

This time last year I was catching 20-30 big crappie almost every outing. Expect for one outing a week ago in which I caught 19 crappie plus 18 gills, they've been relatively uncooperative.

Today I decided to try at the crack of dawn and was rewarded with a colorful pre-sunrise display. I paddled to a lot of different areas, catching only 2-3 fish in each spot and ended up with 10 crappie, 12 gills and four bass. The crappie and gills were just average size, but my best bass was 19 inches long with a big belly.

That bass took a Sergie's crappie fly tied with a #10 hook. Lots of fun on a 4 wt glass rod.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Good bite off the bank this evening. Crappie had a big and fresh gash, so did one of the bass. A Brown Pelican is the likely perpetrator. This one swam over and practically attacked me for one of the bass I released. I turned around and it was at my feet.

10. Likes rc51sport, ezduzit, kentuckysteve, tpo liked this post

couple of pond crittersDSCN0715.jpg15036[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Likes karstopo, rc51sport, tpo liked this post
    Blog Entries

Nice bass hanging out in my crappie spot. Wife came home just in time to snap the photo. Brown balanced Leech, one that's lost most of its Simi Seal, took the bass along with a few crappie.

Quote Originally Posted by karstopo View Post
    Nice bass hanging out in my crappie spot. Wife came home just in time to snap the photo. Brown balanced Leech, one that's lost most of its Simi Seal, took the bass along with a few crappie.
    Jealous of your open water and non-Hoth-esque weather.

TonTons would die around here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Q: How many turns on a whip finish? A: "Enough to cover your mistakes" - AK Best

Page 168 of 169 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169 LastLast