Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3,516
Page 90 of 151 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: warmwater pics

Default Re: warmwater pics

Nice catches and great photos everyone!

I think bass are underappreciated in terms of their coloration and markings.
    -Josh

2. Likes bmbailes liked this post

Smile Re: warmwater pics

Hi I am fairly new to this forum and just want to say GREAT pics...keep em comin. By the way mr. Montana you have inspired me to go after carp on the fly and I am just starting fly fishing. Also I really like your blog.

Quote Originally Posted by bmbailes View Post
    some bass on glass from the weekend

my favorite pic! looks like a brookie should be posing there
    awesome pics!!!
    "Leave it as it is. You cannot improve on it. The ages have at work on it, and man can only mar it." Theodore Roosevelt
    "Live with your eyes open, you might notice something and you will have the opportunity to share it with the world." Argail

5. Likes ejsell, nick k, mcnerney liked this post

checked "puddle" (little pond) near parents' house. I was told that there is no living thing in this place! I found turtles and these beautiful green sunfish on popper.

"Leave it as it is. You cannot improve on it. The ages have at work on it, and man can only mar it." Theodore Roosevelt
    "Live with your eyes open, you might notice something and you will have the opportunity to share it with the world." Argail

Beautiful fish, Argail!
    -Josh

8. Likes argail liked this post

check your local creeks or ponds... Florida should have this fish

10. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Little fellers, except maybe the last one, but good color and healthy looking eyes/fins. Let those guys grow about five more years and they'll be really feisty
    If you know who Curtis Loew was, we could probably be friends

Quote Originally Posted by argail View Post
    check your local creeks or ponds... Florida should have this fish
    Yes, I run into them from time to time. Always a treat to admire such a good-looking animal. Nice job!
    -Josh

13. Likes argail liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jwthought81 View Post
    Yes, I run into them from time to time. Always a treat to admire such a good-looking animal. Nice job!
    thanks man!!!

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hangin chad View Post
    Little fellers, except maybe the last one, but good color and healthy looking eyes/fins. Let those guys grow about five more years and they'll be really feisty
    I hope you're right, maybe they already cannibals))) besides them nothing there! (idea, to put bass...)
    I've already been twice in this pond... in this place there are larger boys, took one on "deer hair beetle", from under the branches close to the bank...

argail,

That is a gorgeous Green Sunfish. Sometimes the brilliant orange color on the lower fins of those fish rival the colors on the same fins on a wild brook trout in spawning colors. Just beautiful. Here is a picture of one of my favorite sunfish in PA - the Redbreast Sunfish. These little guys are really scrappy fighters and also feed on minnows like the Green Sunfish does. I catch a lot of these while fishing for Smallmouth Bass with a size 4 Clouser minnow.

John

16. Likes bmbailes, argail liked this post
Page 90 of 151 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast