Great fish argail! Congrats!

Default Re: warmwater pics

Barbels on heavy nymphs :

1/ The river, flowing out of a prehistoric cave :

2/ 4 barbels spotted here :

3/ fish on, provides a good fight :

4/ landed :

You'd half expect something like this to be in the ocean, but they are all over the Ozarks ( and my aquarium )

"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

Caught this bruiser yesterday.

5. Likes stl_geoff, argail, ponycarman, baseman1 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
    You'd half expect something like this to be in the ocean, but they are all over the Ozarks ( and my aquarium )

great shot! i love the colors

casey

ARFE

7. Likes Joni liked this post

Great catches y'all!

Geoff, is that a longearsunfish? I get my ID's confused at times.

Argail,congrats on the great catch. I dont know if your photos are touched up or not, but that fish has more bronze coloration than I've ever seen in in a largemouth. I guess its due to high tannin levels in your area?

Also, thanks for posting the diagram about properly holding bass. I've always admired how you've avoided lipping them for pictures. Important information.
    -Josh

Yup, thats just a regular old male longear sunfish. those are post spawning colors too O_o
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

Had an excellent day on the water today! Beautiful scenery!

Finally caught something on my own flys. Caught the first fish of the day on a small black spider/knat thing with a red tail. Also caught a couple fish on foam spiders I tied.

Caught 5 bream today. Not super huge but not bad either.

And caught 3 bass. The most I have ever caught. Before today I had only caught two bass my whole time fishing.

Now for the grand finale. I caught the biggest fish I have ever caught in my life. On any tackle but it was much more special to be caught on a fly rod.

Here it is. The biggest fish and bass I have ever hooked.

It weighed at right at 2lbs and was 18in long. Boy was it fun too catch. It went airborn once and took off. First fish that has put my reel and drag to good use. Super super fun. I was ecstatic once I got it to shore and saw how large it was. And what did I catch it on? You won't believe it lol. A tiny little white betts popper. Its amazing how big of fish you can catch on little flys. Had a great time and today was a day to remember. Wish us luck for mondays trip. We are hoping to try to get some trout for the first time.

great pics everyone!!

well i'm headed south tomorrow for some salt therapy but first i had to get my weekly small stream fix in! i love fishing these streams and this morning i was blessed to bring 11 of these beauties to hand by way of my Echo glass 4wt and my hopper! love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by nav View Post
    Barbels on heavy nymphs :
    4/ landed :
    Good & strange fish for us
    & welcome to the forum! I would like to see you in the thread: What have you been tying today?

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post

this is cute & colorful fish !

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nick k View Post
    Caught this bruiser yesterday.

Hey Nick, I guess 9lb & ?

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jwthought81 View Post
    Great catches y'all!

Geoff, is that a longearsunfish? I get my ID's confused at times.

Argail,congrats on the great catch. I dont know if your photos are touched up or not, but that fish has more bronze coloration than I've ever seen in in a largemouth. I guess its due to high tannin levels in your area?

Also, thanks for posting the diagram about properly holding bass. I've always admired how you've avoided lipping them for pictures. Important information.
    Thanks jw!
    Yes, I edit all of my pictures (you know this notorious haze), just I try not to change the natural color (only sometimes picture in my opinion looks nice in black and white) Ok about this particular bass, first time when I saw her, thought what an unusual color for bass (some times I catch bowfin complete bronze) and her eyes are reddish! I do not know exactly about tanin level... but so many logs in water... and Louisiana cypress country...

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ponycarman View Post

It weighed at right at 2lbs and was 18in long. Boy was it fun too catch. It went airborn once and took off. First fish that has put my reel and drag to good use. Super super fun. I was ecstatic once I got it to shore and saw how large it was. And what did I catch it on? You won't believe it lol. A tiny little white betts popper. Its amazing how big of fish you can catch on little flys. Had a great time and today was a day to remember. Wish us luck for mondays trip. We are hoping to try to get some trout for the first time.
    This is good big bass, cograc!!! Wish you luck) for mondays trip.
    "Leave it as it is. You cannot improve on it. The ages have at work on it, and man can only mar it." Theodore Roosevelt
    "Live with your eyes open, you might notice something and you will have the opportunity to share it with the world." Argail

13. Likes ponycarman liked this post
Page 96 of 150 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast