Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Victory at Pyongtaek

So I caught my first bass fly fishing last Friday. My friend said bass like structures and told me to cast into the weeds. First cast and this fish attacked the white bugger and ran. No nibbles, bumps or tugs, just POW! and he took off. Yippers, he's 4 feet long and weighed in at 26 pounds. Must be a new Korean fish record. For some reason my wife didn't believe me.

Anyways, I only caught one fish but it was a good day.
    PS. Did you know that no matter how poor a caster you are, if you have a strong wind at your back you can cast really far.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Oh yeah. I found this indicator on the shore. Never seen one like this so I kept it. I find neat stuff whenever I go fishing.

Default Re: Victory at Pyongtaek

yep 4 ft and 26 lbs. Congrats! Good pics! Your wife will eventually get used to fisherman math system!
    http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24405&dateline=129884  8088
    Great Fishing
    Der Alt Jaeger
    Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
    Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

Congratulations, nice fish. It's sounds like you'll have some great bas fishing over there. As the water warms up, try throwing a popper once in awhile-- you'll really love it when they come up to smash it!
    Mark

Blog Entries

That's my kind of fuzzy fishing math! Nice fish by the way, it looks all of what you described

As far as the strike indicator goes, looks like one of the prototype versions of Whitlock's newest Telstrike yarn indicators:

Can't say for sure...

Kelly.
    I fish, therefore I am - but I gotta go to work first..."piscari ergo sum"

Blog Entries

Congrats on the great looking bass!

Larry
    Larry