Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My son's first time fishing

So yesterday my 4 year old son asked me if he could go fishing with me. I was pretty happy because up until now he has not expressed an interest in going with me. This worked out perfectly as I started my 4 day weekend today.

I decided for his first trip to take him to a local pond. It was close to home so if he didnít stay interested we would have a short drive home.

It was pretty windy and cloudy when we reached the pond. I setup my SPL with a little copper john for some bluegill action.

Despite the wind I had no issues casting the little 0wt where I wanted. It did not take very long before the first gill came out to play. I set the hook, and then I handed the rod to my son and helped him bring the fish in. He was so excited when the first fish was landed.

We went right back to fishing catching lots of little gills. In between fish my son entertained himself by throwing rocks and such into the water.

After a couple of hours it was time to go. On the way out he said that he had so much fun. He also asked when he could go again. I told him that I was very proud that he acted like a good boy the whole time we were there. I think I might see how he does on one of the local creeks on our next trip. This was the best fishing trip I have had in a while. Hope you enjoyed this short report.

Blog Entries

Default Re: My son's first time fishing

Sasha: That is very cool, great to see your son wanting to get involved with fishing with you. Hooking into some fish sealed the deal! Great report as always!

Larry

Great stuff Sasha. Looks like you have a fishin' buddy.
    Mark

Sasha, great way to start the little guy off...

Dan

That's exactly what this sport is about. Everytime I go out I love seeing kids involved in fishing. Heck, my little girl is only 17 months old and I take her on occassion. One of my employees wanted to take his 4 year old out the other day and to my surprise neither of them have ever been fishing. I made the plans to take them both and show them some tricks. Great stuff...man I love this sport!!!

Great story and report! Its certainly up to us as parents to pass along the knowledge. As a parent I try hard to keep my son happy with life so it seems logical to me that if he shows any interest in fishing that I would share the single most important element in my mental health and happiness.

Great looking boy you have Sasha. I have a fishing monster on my hands, you may have just created one of your own. Enjoy!
    JJ

Blog Entries

That's awesome! I love seeing kids get involved with learning about the outdoors.

And I also have to say that I like the "Dad get that camera out of my face" look!

Ant
    Anthony Laurence
    www.anthonylaurence.net
    Web Developement and Design
    FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog

Quote Originally Posted by ant View Post

And I also have to say that I like the "Dad get that camera out of my face" look!
    My son used to have a wide open mouth smile, but he barely grins now...

Cute kid, Sasha! Nice to see the two of you having that father and son thing going. Enjoy these years!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
    My son used to have a wide open mouth smile, but he barely grins now...
    I think kids have a 2 week window in their lives where they like to smile for pictures and then your done.
    Anthony Laurence
    www.anthonylaurence.net
    Web Developement and Design
    FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog

Thanks guys!!! My next plan is to take him on a little hike to a small little creek that holds native redbands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast