Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My First

Default My First

Let me start by saying I'm sorry. This wasn't caught on a fly rod. Just standard tackle. My goal is to eventually start fishing these guys on a fly rod, but first i need to figure these things out a bit. Get more comfortable with what is going on in general. Its safer for the fish and safer for me!

Anyways. I went out on saturday with the goal to catch my first musky. Thanks to a great guy, I did it. There is a lot more to the story, which I'll post later. I just wanted to get the pic up for now.

Stay tuned for more info.

Default Re: My First

WOW! Nice job man, what a beauty.

Congrats!
    Mark

Default Re: My First

Hmmmm..... Musky on the fly? (it's becoming almost cliche at this point, but--) Diver Dan to the white courtesy phone, please. Diver Dan to the white courtesy phone......

That is a fantastic catch!

Hopefully diver dan will chime in here with a few tips for you (and all of us) for getting into some real monsters on the fly.

I don't want to advocate harassing another member, but if he doesn't see this thread in a few days, I'd PM him if you have any specific questions-- IMO, He is the definitive source for all things musky and pike on the fly.

Tony