Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Catfish on a Fly

Default Catfish on a Fly

I don't know if I ever caught one before this morning. I had been picking up a few small bass an bluegills along shore using a White Wooly Bugger on a 6 wt sink tip line. I decided to cast along the deep edge of a dock, and this nice channel cat took it. He bent the rod good, and went on a few deep runs before we could get a look at him. My son was along and netted him or me.

Jakeway Near Nashville, TN

Kayaks: Just part of the drag system

2. Default Re: Catfish on a Fly

sounds like fun, cat fish allways put up a good fight, but i hate catching em they look so nasty lol.

3. Default Re: Catfish on a Fly

Jake

Nice Cat Bet you that was a blast
    Let us all share our wisdom with a younger generation. Tight Loops, Tight Lines and Good Fishing to All

4. Default Re: Catfish on a Fly

Nice! I always welcome a fresh water cat but never welcomed a salt water cat.
    Mitch

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*

Default Re: Catfish on a Fly

That's a pretty good sized cat there. I think most all I've ever caught on fly were in the hot-dog to bratwurst size range.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

6. Default Re: Catfish on a Fly

cliff,

were those johnsonville brats????
    Let us all share our wisdom with a younger generation. Tight Loops, Tight Lines and Good Fishing to All

Default Re: Catfish on a Fly

HaHa! Nah, I tend to go with brats made closer to where I live. I prefer meat that has spent less time dead and on the road.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

8. Default Re: Catfish on a Fly

nice cat! a buddy of mine from another forum caught one around here with a streamer he tied himself i think it was white on top with a olive and black bottom with some shine tied inbetween. itwas about your size maybe a lil smaller. anyhow catfish are awesome! they are a hard fighter!
    "Hey, you.Get your damn hands off my herl !!!!"

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.

9. Default Re: Catfish on a Fly

I remember going to a local pond that houses Cat's, Carp and Trout.
    Went with a group from another forum. I kept saying, "You can't catch cat on a Fly"!
    Boy, was I wrong. A simple Haresear. This thing stayed on the bottom for ever. This was a 6wt rod also.

10. Default Re: Catfish on a Fly

Nice fish. Up here we have been fly fishing cats for years. Managed a 35 incher on May 14. Great fish and a great fight. Way to go guys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast