Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default got a nice bass in my grandparents pond

well i went out around 7 tonight for a little evning fishin. on my thrid cast i cought this nice bass on a black beadhead woolybugger. it put up a nice fight one of the most exciting i've had from a bass. at one pont it started to run and caused the reel to wack my thumb leaving a nice little bruse lol. afterwords i switched to some popers, got one stuck in the weeds then had another get stuck on a log in the water. then i decided well hell let's get some gills and ended up with a hiddious tailing loop i couldnt seen to fix so i just called it a night.

i would say it's about 10-12 inches and maby a pound or two looks like it got in a fight or somthing had a chunk missing from it tail section.

hum image isnt working here's the link http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/ph....php?i=500&c=3

2. Default Re: got a nice bass in my grandparents pond

Nice fish! I hooked in to several about that size on my fly rod so far this year. I like those LMB!

-Matt

3. Default Re: got a nice bass in my grandparents pond

So where is this pond of your grandparents? Wants some help with a few more bass?

santo

4. Default Re: got a nice bass in my grandparents pond

Do I see a dogwood canyon reel?
    Are your poppers weedless?

Default Re: got a nice bass in my grandparents pond

Hi xjguy07,

Congratulations on a Nice fly rod bass. Nothing brings you back again like catching a nice fish. The first time I hooked up with a Salmon it beat my hand up pretty good. You learn fast to keep out of the way of that reel handle.

6. Default Re: got a nice bass in my grandparents pond

santo: haha that pond is on their farm of course lol about fifteen minutes from my house.

fish please: yup that is for sure a dogwood canyon reel, you gotta be crazy to think i'll spend 300 bucks on a reel when i can get one that works just as good for 30 lol.

and yeah i use weedless popers but i cought that fish on a beadheaded wolly bugger i think it was purple.

7. Default Re: got a nice bass in my grandparents pond

Remember, the reel only holds the line.

santo

8. Default Re: got a nice bass in my grandparents pond

Can't argue with that logic. I have a hobb's creek Large arbor (40$) and a cabela's prestige (30$). Both are great, but I prefer the hobbs creek.