Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Happy Birthday to me!

Default Happy Birthday to me!

I decided to take a small fishing trip for my birthday with my sister. We had some storms roll through overnight and the fishing was pretty tough. I ended up using about 8 different flies and going through a lot of tippet. It was around 60 degrees and a great day to be out, but it got pretty cool towards the evening. We fished for a couple of hours with no results. I was just happy to be out and it was more or less of a teaching day for my sister anyway. She packed it in and sat in the car because she didn't have a jacket. So, I made a couple more casts and ended up with a nice little birthday present for myself.

The final fly chosen was a black soft hackle with a small split shot about 6 inches from the fly.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Happy Birthday to me!

congrats hammer!
    looks like you had a good day

casey

ARFE

Thanks!

I had a great birthday! At first, I didn't think it was going to be a good day because I ended up splitting my forehead open on the cupboard I left open right when I got up. After that, everything went fantastic! Hope you had a good one too!

Sadly, the new 2wt had to stay home because it was pretty windy!

Happy Birthday and going back about 60 yrs mol, picture a kid using his cousins fly rod on a pond across the state from you near Athens. His rig a bedraggled black gnat with a small shot above it. The results almost the same as it was during February and that was the first open water he could find that year. Congrats and way to go!
    http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24405&dateline=129884  8088
    Great Fishing
    Der Alt Jaeger
    Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
    Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

5. Default Re: Happy Birthday to me!

Happy Birthday ! I am sure the rest of your gift will come as soon as it warms up a bit.

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!
    That looks like a fine present!
    Mike

Happy Birthday

Blog Entries

Happy birthday and what a great way to celebrate by getting out on the water and wetting a line!

It was -12 degrees here this morning when I went to the gym, it has warmed up considerably, I haven't looked but it must me in the mid-twenties, blue skies and lots of sun shining, feels pretty good. I'd hit the water but I'm a working stiff so that will have to wait.
    Larry

Happy birthday Jhammer, can't think of a better way to spend the day...

Dave

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Happy birthday and what a great way to celebrate by getting out on the water and wetting a line!

It was -12 degrees here this morning when I went to the gym, it has warmed up considerably, I haven't looked but it must me in the mid-twenties, blue skies and lots of sun shining, feels pretty good. I'd hit the water but I'm a working stiff so that will have to wait.

Larry, if it were -12 degrees here I would be a working stiff also.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Excellent, happy birthday