Happy Birthday to me!

jhammer

Reaction score
I decided to take a small fishing trip for my birthday with my sister. We had some storms roll through overnight and the fishing was pretty tough. I ended up using about 8 different flies and going through a lot of tippet. It was around 60 degrees and a great day to be out, but it got pretty cool towards the evening. We fished for a couple of hours with no results. I was just happy to be out and it was more or less of a teaching day for my sister anyway. She packed it in and sat in the car because she didn't have a jacket. So, I made a couple more casts and ended up with a nice little birthday present for myself. :D

The final fly chosen was a black soft hackle with a small split shot about 6 inches from the fly.

jhammer

Reaction score
Thanks! :D

I had a great birthday! At first, I didn't think it was going to be a good day because I ended up splitting my forehead open on the cupboard I left open right when I got up. After that, everything went fantastic! Hope you had a good one too!

Sadly, the new 2wt had to stay home because it was pretty windy!

chuck s

Reaction score
Happy Birthday and going back about 60 yrs mol, picture a kid using his cousins fly rod on a pond across the state from you near Athens. His rig a bedraggled black gnat with a small shot above it. The results almost the same as it was during February and that was the first open water he could find that year. Congrats and way to go!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Happy birthday and what a great way to celebrate by getting out on the water and wetting a line!

It was -12 degrees here this morning when I went to the gym, it has warmed up considerably, I haven't looked but it must me in the mid-twenties, blue skies and lots of sun shining, feels pretty good. I'd hit the water but I'm a working stiff so that will have to wait.

littledavid123

Reaction score
Happy birthday Jhammer, can't think of a better way to spend the day...

Dave

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Happy birthday and what a great way to celebrate by getting out on the water and wetting a line!

It was -12 degrees here this morning when I went to the gym, it has warmed up considerably, I haven't looked but it must me in the mid-twenties, blue skies and lots of sun shining, feels pretty good. I'd hit the water but I'm a working stiff so that will have to wait.

Larry, if it were -12 degrees here I would be a working stiff also. :D

Dave