Replacement for Miss Prissy Popping Bug >

bks

Reaction score
My late father only fished with Arccado Miss Prissy popping bugs for bream. I see on Bream Bugs that Arccado is unable to provide the chartruese bugs in this pattern.

Any suggestions for a substitute?

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi bks,

Welcome to the forum................ is there somewhere you can refer me to so I can see a picture of a Miss prissy? Please don't link me up to another forum, if they are pictured on a forum you could paste the link to a PM and send it to me privately OK :)

Ard

bigjim5589

Reaction score
Are you looking to buy poppers or make your own? I've never found the panfish of any type to be that particular up here in MD, or any place else I've fished. I've used the Gaines poppers in the past & have used Accardo's, but never was too particular about the style. They all seemed to do well. I make my own now & have been doing so for many, many years. :)

I've had the pleasure of meeting & talking with both Tom Eggler who owned the Gaines Co., and with Tony Accardo. Both were fine gentlemen who in their day gave a hoot about what they produced. :thmbup:

Hard to find products like that these days. :(

bks

Reaction score
"Hard to find products like that these days"

I do believe that. I have seen days when others wouldn't catch fish and these were being "tore up"

I am not doing any tying yet, but would love to start and learn.

Also these seem to float higher and make it easier to see them,

bigjim5589

Reaction score
I wish I could give you a recommendation for an alternative, but really don't know any. We all have those days when a favorite fly or lure we use works better than anything else, so I know how you feel. :fishing:

That's one of the great things about making your own, when you find something that works well, you can usually make as many as you need.

Good luck with your search!