Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Muddy water fun

Default Re: Muddy water fun

Will do! I'll report back when I get out. I'm still feeling kinda sick from the heat.

Time to update the muddy water topic! Yesterday I hit the muddy water for some fishing fun and I hit the jackpot! It was definitely carp time and I put the hurt on some true hogs! They were everywhere and they were HUNGRY! I landed 6 behemoth carp, a dinky sunfish, and a good-sized Crappie. The sunfish was caught while my fly was dangling in the water during a cell phone call. I didn't even know he was on there and he took a ride on my backcast. (He made out alright though.) It was yet another great day on the muddy water!

very nice! I had a sunfish go flying on the pick up once and it spit the hook in flight.., flung it behind me into really tall grass.. I looked around hoping it with flop around so i could find it,, but no such luck. I felt bad, but I could have swore i heard WEEEEEEEEEE as it zinged past my head.. so at least it had some fun haha.

4. Likes recriger liked this post

Just read through the whole thread and your killing me here. Granted I've only been at it a few months but I haven't even seen that many fish yet here in OH. I personally believe that all this "rising" I see is nothing but mythical forest creatures hiding just behind the tree line tossing pebbles into the water to lead me astray!

Nice looking fish!

Whatd you get the carp to eat this time?

I can cast sunfish that size with the 11wt I have found out, when they eat the fly on the pickup.
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

Quote Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
    Whatd you get the carp to eat this time?

I can cast sunfish that size with the 11wt I have found out, when they eat the fly on the pickup.
    They decided that they wanted a black woolly bugger for lunch.

Glad you figured out something for them to eat. I have one fish i see on a regular basis shoved up into a root wad and it eats with its back and tail out of the water...i can get right up and touch its face, but i CAN NOT figure out what it wants to eat. I need to try some more at it i guess.
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

Dang! Those carp are pigs! Muddy waters is one of my favorite threads. And as far as flying sunfish , haha, all the time!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

10. Likes jhammer liked this post
  11. Default Re: Muddy water fun

I might have to take a run at carp now, there are a few places by where I live but I never thought about using a fly.

Wow great fish! how in the world did you manage to get a catfish on a fly AND get it in muddy water??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast