Bream and a Few Bass

riverbilly

Reaction score
I haven't posted any fish lately, so I though I would. Actually my fishing truck been down for the last three weeks or so and I haven't been able to get to my favorite sections, but I do live next to the river so I can always go fishing. Unfortunately this area isn't holding the bigger bass right now so I've been messing with the bream and started tying my own poppers. I did see a great deal on a 4wt setup and have been haveing fun with that.

Low water and low flow this year has the grass thicker than usual. This is by a big island. The other side has the better flow.

But the fish are in there. A popper in the holes will produce.

In a lot of places the water is crystal clear.

Since I've started fly fishing I really haven't targeted bream much. I'm always after the big bass, but since there aren't that many in this area I figured I'd give the little guys a try. They are beautiful fish.

There are some decent bass around. I had to give up my Clousers, they want the popper. Definitely a fun way to fish.

The Guadalupe/SM hybrid

Alamo Vine - this bush has been around for at least 10 years.

I'm also a fossil hunter and after a few rises in the water earlier this year some new stuff washed out on the gravel bars. Last weeks finds were some petrified wood and a crinoid jumble. The crinoids are not from this area and have washed down some 120+ miles down river from the Llano area.

Well, that's what I've been stuck doing lately. :biggrin:

drlaser

Reaction score
Hey river you mind if I come visit you this summer? I almost convinced my parents to book a trip to llano but they balked at the last moment and I need a 3 day summer get away :D not to mention if you ever make it to the Fort Worth area I'd be more than glad to return the favor ;):cool:

fishindave

Reaction score
Love the Guadalupe HYB. We have almost the same thing in FL. The suwanee river bass. Very cool. The first image, I thought is was gonna be of you just casting on a lawn somewhere. I scolled down then I saw the front of the yak...LOL

fishingfly

Reaction score
Any size is fun on a popper, not to mention a 4 wt rod. Ive fished a few holes like that in Florida like old phosphate pits, which are always loaded with fish.

riverbilly

Reaction score
Hey river you mind if I come visit you this summer? I almost convinced my parents to book a trip to llano but they balked at the last moment and I need a 3 day summer get away :D not to mention if you ever make it to the Fort Worth area I'd be more than glad to return the favor ;):cool:
Come on down drlaser, always enjoy meeting fellow forum members. Sounds like your ready for a river camp, the Colorado is a great place for that. I'm supposed to be camping this weekend with a few from the state kayaking fourm, but this no truck thing is killing me.
I'm hoping to get on the South Llano myself soon.

fishindave - I wish my lawn looked like that. It's already getting dry around again.

Thanks all.