Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Blog Entries

Default cold mornings, warm afternoons

so i went down to the local lake this morning to try and catch some gills, crappies or bass.
    temp at 8 am 49 degrees. 3 bluegills and 1 small bass over almost an hour of fishing ..
    went back at 3 pm, temp 79, caught 30 plus gills,a dozen or so crappies ans a few decent lmb......

casey

ARFE

2. Likes Ard liked this post

Default Re: cold mornings, warm afternoons

The seasons are a' changing.

Your post reminded me that I'm planning of getting a stream thermometer for Fall and Winter this year. If you can find that water that's a little warmer it can make a difference. The "stick your finger in the water" method I used last year isn't very accurate.

Sounds like a good fishing trip you had.
    "I don't go to the river to fish, but I do quite a bit of it while I'm there." - Riverbilly

Default Re: cold mornings, warm afternoons

Heh, not more than a few weeks ago it was the early mornings I wanted to fish. Now it's almost the exact opposite. I realized today while I was driving through the valleys that Autumn is most definitely here. We're halfway through our fall colors already if I had to guess. Temps down into the 30's at night aren't helping matters either. I already miss the summer.