Carpin

schaef

Reaction score
In the lake erie tribs I target them all summer long after the steelhead move back out into the lake. Sight fishing carp on a secluded stretch of river in the summer is probably my favorite type of fishing. Love them golden bones!!

delopez

Reaction score
That's a huge carp in your profile pic, John! I'm just getting into them around here.

john montana

Reaction score
that was a beast delopez...31 lbs. I usually get one fish a year over 30. the ones that size are tough to fool, and everything has to go right to land 'em.

i'm dying for spring so i can get back after them.

Joni

Reaction score
I caught hundreds this year all within 15 miles of home and 99% on the same fly

Joni

Reaction score
Hear that! But for some reason, I am catching a lot of LMB in the same carp water lately. Even today under ice edges.

delopez

Reaction score
I'm still catching lmb in the ponds, by not having any luck with anything else. I want to go to the lake to target walleye, but I just haven't made it yet.

john montana

Reaction score
Once the water temps to below 50 out here, the carp won't come into the shallows. Most of the fish I chase are in knee deep water, so that means I am done until spring. I wish they were a year round fish for me, by far my favorite target.

Joni

Reaction score
Mine too. I hooked one a week ago, but couldn't land it. Got an adrenalin fix though.

delopez

Reaction score
We tried last week, but got nothing. Ended up playing with the spey rods...

delopez

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out the best way to swing on my river. It's 20-30' deep. Just purchased a custom cut IScandi head for getting deep. Can't wait until gets warm enough to try it!