Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

That's interesting that Redington is owned by sage that makes me really want to buy one.

Default Re: Looking for Bass Rod

I'll throw a vote out there for the Redington Predator. It's quite the broomstick but the 7'10" 8wt can really chuck a big line like an Outbound Short/Titan Taper and has no problem with a 300gr sink tip. When throwing junk, I almost prefer the shorter length because i feel like I can just chuck and duck without having to carry much line.

I'll also put a vote in for the Echo Ion. I don't know if there is a better rod in that price range. Echo's customer service is second to none and their warranty is almost silly.

I own 3 predators 6,8,9. I really like the predatator they are fast powerful rods and are quality for the price. I owned a 8 and 9 BVK, they too are nice rods and very light and cast great but break a little easier. For a bass rod I would rather go with the predatator I think it can cast big nasty bass patterns easier.

4. Likes itchmesir liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by hi tide View Post
    I own 3 predators 6,8,9. I really like the predatator they are fast powerful rods and are quality for the price. I owned a 8 and 9 BVK, they too are nice rods and very light and cast great but break a little easier. For a bass rod I would rather go with the predatator I think it can cast big nasty bass patterns easier.

I have the #8. Have you played with different lines over this rod and what were you'r thoughts.

Thanks for the info.

On my 6wt I had the rio redfish line which was really good, the short heavy head loaded the rod quick and turned over big patterns. I currently have on airflo bonefish line, it to work well for this rod. On my 8wt I tried the rio bonefish line, it was ok didn't load the rod as well, I put on the airflo bonefish line and I'm really happy with it.

7. Default Re: Looking for Bass Rod

Is that a 6 wt with a fighting butt? I like that a lot. Seems like an ideal smallmouth river rod.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofamberley View Post
    Is that a 6 wt with a fighting butt? I like that a lot. Seems like an ideal smallmouth river rod.
    Yes that is a 6wt with a fighting butt.

You might consider one of the new Colton TradeWinds rods. If you buy a 7wt you should not need to put a 8wt line on it. It is actually designed to cast the proper class line. I have a 9wt and it is will cast a long line. This is thier new model. The old model rods were quite fast and I overlined the 7wt that I have but it sure is a powerful rod with mucho backbone. I am quite happy with both of my Coltons.

10. Default Looking for Bass Rod

Thanks ill look into to it and see if I can cast one at my local shop

I've got a Sage bass rod and I think its a great rod. I like the Bass II even more, mainly cause the reel seat is red now. Its a beastly rod that really hucks some chicken fluff.

Redington does seem to have a pretty big following though, they are making some new rods this year I wouldnt mind owning. I still keep thinking about picking up a Classic trout since a few can be found still.
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast