New Rod - Where's the "warmwater"

riverbilly

Reaction score
Added to the collection, I've been wanting a nice 8wt. This will do.

As soon as I got it the weather turned crappy, I've only used it once so far.
I've fished in some cold weather before, but it's the first time this has happened.

It seems to catch fish.

This trip I also got to try out a different kayak. My buddy bought a new one, a Native Watercraft Slayer 14.5, so I took out his Diablo Chupacabra. Crazy name but a great river kayak. It's about the only kayak I trust to stand in, though I quickly found out that I'd need a stripping basket of some sort to stand.

The coming weekend is looking like better weather so it'll get a good workout soon.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
David: Congrats on the new rod! The guide ice is pretty common here in WY if you want to get out and fish in the winter. We did a float in Sept and when we left the house it was 19 degrees F so we had quite a bit of ice in the guides to deal with until about 11 am or so, but the streamer fishing was worth the effort. :D

Larry

wabi

Reaction score
Good looking rod!
I bought my first TFO last summer (Signature) and added another this fall (Pro).
I'd say the TFO rods are a great value in rods.

riverbilly

Reaction score
Yea, being a native Texan, I'm a bit of a cold weather wimp. It was 27 degrees when we put-in, that's about my limit on the water. But when you need to fish, you need to fish.

I did my research and the BVK kept coming up as a great rod. I have the TFO Pro II for my 5wt. and like it. First cast in the yard I knew I was going to love the BVK.

Thanks all.